Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,530 times

Advertisements

so i have family in nyc and some family in suffolk, im thinking what would be the best town to live on long island where i could get into the city and suffolk easily?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 PM

9,923 posts, read 23,064,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKJOSEPH View Post
so i have family in nyc and some family in suffolk, im thinking what would be the best town to live on long island where i could get into the city and suffolk easily?
Huntington or Babylon...

Old 11-23-2010, 08:18 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,596,365 times
Default In case you are unfamiliar with the local geography

NEWYORKJOSEPH, in case you are unfamiliar with the local geography, I've sent you an explanation of the very, very confusing geography of "Lawn Guyland" as a DM (Direct Message).

Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 PM

327 posts, read 1,060,945 times
Mineola Hicksville

Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,122,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Huntington or Babylon...
Agreed

W a 3rd Option of Farmingdale.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:50 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,793,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
NEWYORKJOSEPH, in case you are unfamiliar with the local geography, I've sent you an explanation of the very, very confusing geography of "Lawn Guyland" as a DM (Direct Message).
Walt-

Because the OP defined the extent of the geographical difference between Suffolk County and New York City,
how were you able to offer him,
(NEWYORKJOSEPH), through a direct message, an explanation of the optimum location for him to be, in order to visit his family in NYC and the rest of
his remaining family there in Suffolk, without knowing the location in Suffolk County? Did you send him a map?

Long Island is a pretty big place. Suffolk is certainly a big county too, I mean, the village of Amityville, all the way out to the hamlet of Montauk,
it's a long-ass county! If he had relatives in Brentwood, why would he need to know about the duck in Flanders or Riverhead? Didn't you ask him
for specifics, like the town or the village? Maybe NEWYORKJOSEPH will get back to us so that we will all have the advantage of knowing the right
location to propose when advising him about where he should move. We all bring something to this party and I think that before you whip your
whole hamlet, village, town- dogmatic diatribe on him, you'd be considerate enough to inquire of others here. Do you understand that?

Good to see you out and about! I also wanted to wish you a happy Thanksgiving and hope that you gather there with your maps and charts and
enjoy yourselves, being filled with the blessings of life here on "Lawn Guyland". Me and the shrinking family are going to celebrate here in the
town of Copiague, but we're not getting a big turkey this year, we're legally impoverished. We got a small Plumrose ham and when I see all 12
of us sitting around that long Thanksgiving table,that itty-bitty ham looks more like a friggin' Hamlet...

Old 11-24-2010, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,530 times
sorry for not being specific. i have family that reside in manhattan and melville.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:53 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,939,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKJOSEPH View Post
sorry for not being specific. i have family that reside in manhattan and melville.
Stick with the M's and go for Merrick

Old 11-24-2010, 08:56 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,316,918 times
How abt Floral park or Garden city.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:13 PM

22,635 posts, read 36,603,028 times
Budget?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island