Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 08:05 PM

87 posts, read 558,057 times

Advertisements

Being a new homeowner, I will finally have an opportunity to throw up some Christmas decorations this year. Is there a preferred place to purchase decorations?

I need lights, some lawn decorations (non-inflatable) and such. Naturally, I'm not looking to go broke but would like to put something up this year. Starting from scratch, we don't have anything for the outside. Where do you shop for these types of things and why?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 08:14 PM

22,617 posts, read 36,535,927 times
Look for sales...these things are sold everywhere nowadays. Check the circulars in the Sunday papers. Don't overlook hardware stores, either.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:13 PM

903 posts, read 3,566,083 times
i was in the christmas tree shop in deer park-tangers-today-it was filled with indoor and some outdoor decorations-

Old 11-28-2010, 09:16 PM

752 posts, read 1,457,634 times
I think the real question is where do you find Thanksgiving decorations....They started selling Christmas decorations before Halloween even came...What the hell happened to all the other Holidays?
Ace Hardware across the street from my job told me they don't bother anymore
and the Home depot near my house had Christmas decorations out by October 25th
It's ridiculous.
Home Depot and Lowes,
Ace hardware,
local nursery's...
all these places have Christmas decorations,
Walmart
kmart
target
the list goes on...

Old 11-28-2010, 09:18 PM

I have seen decorations all over the place (Target, Christmas Tree Shop, even some grocery stores) but I was not sure if there was a place that had more variety and better pricing. I know Target seems to be fairly competitively priced but I have nothing to compare it to. I didn't want to overspend if I didn't have to.

I guess I will have to pay attention to all that junk mail that we get to look for deals. We get so much of it I typically toss it in the trash...haha

Thanks guys and Happy Holidays!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:19 PM

752 posts, read 1,457,634 times
I know it sounds stupid but your better off buying the mother load the day after Christmas, alot of places sell off they're christmas stuff at 50 to 75 percent off.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:26 PM

74 posts, read 206,778 times
If this is your first year, buy a few small things this year, and then the week after Christmas load up while the prices drop greatly. That's what we did and now we have a ton of stuff and didn't pay much for it.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:24 PM

Very good points about buying after the holiday. It makes complete sense. I didn't think about that but I'm glad it was brought up. Makes my decision a lot easier. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island