Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 05:50 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
I'm tired of all the Americans that throw out privacy rights like they meant nothing.

Don't fool yourself. Once they have camera laws they'll put them where ever they please.

Your founding fathers aren't happy with you, Americans.
Your right to privacy ends the minute you leave your front door.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:58 PM

214 posts, read 459,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
I'm not really a "speeder"
fact of the matter is, if you want to drive exactly 55 you should do it in the right lane not the left lane.
It's not up to you to decide how fast people should go,
it's not your problem.
you should get out of the way and let them be idiots.
sooner or later it will catch up with them.
but staying in the way while they tailgate you is pissing them off,
it is going to make them drive even more like an idiot
endangering everyone even more than if you had just gotten out of the way.
so in essence, by not getting out of the way and pissing them off,
you are creating a more dangerous driving environment for everyone else.
you are just as bad as the speeders.
sooner or later it will probably catch up with you.
The left lane is a passing lane...state law

Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
A whole 8 minutes!!!!!!!!!! Oh please with the excuses, leave earlier and drive at a safer speed.

BTW...Im still AHEAD of you when I do drive at 55 in the left lane. Too bad you feel the need to tailgate too.
55 isn't any more or less safe then 65 or 70. Vast majority of accidents happen because people don't pay attention to their driving. Maybe instead of stupid cameras we should have everyone hit some real drivers education.

And if cameras go into effect then I damn well will ask for EVERY driver to be able to do basic maintenance on their vehicle, know how to handle their car in adverse conditions, and know basic lingo such as understeer and oversteer or permanently lose their license. Because they are about equal.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 PM

999 posts, read 2,357,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
A whole 8 minutes!!!!!!!!!! Oh please with the excuses, leave earlier and drive at a safer speed.

BTW...Im still AHEAD of you when I do drive at 55 in the left lane. Too bad you feel the need to tailgate too.

There is the problem,....

You along with more than 90% of the other license holders do not know the rules of the road...

The left lane is not for you to cruise in...

Get out and use the right lane, and people won't be going around you...

Roads are safe, just the people not following the rules of the road....

Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 PM

20 posts, read 28,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
There is the problem,....

You along with more than 90% of the other license holders do not know the rules of the road...

The left lane is not for you to cruise in...

Get out and use the right lane, and people won't be going around you...

Roads are safe, just the people not following the rules of the road....
Most LI drivers seem fairly oblivious to basic road fundamentals

right lane is slow traffic

<65 = SLOW

three seconds distance between you and guy in front

speed the f up when entering

NEVER stop on an entrance ramp

pick nose in left lane only (harder to get caught)

Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 PM

142 posts, read 265,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abc123 View Post
The left lane is a passing lane...state law
Best answer I've seen on here. I've got news for you....if drivers obeyed this ONE law (left lane is for passing ONLY) there would be less headaches, less traffic, and less accidents. Plain and simple.
Want to go 55 mph? By all means, please, use the right lane.
Want to go a little faster or want to pass someone going below 55mph in the right lane? Well, look at that! A middle lane!

Trust me...there are a lot more things to worry about on the road than people speeding. Want me to name a few? "Yes Bigstigs, please do."

OK!

- Three to four cars blowing through a red light while turning left on a signal. Wait for the next one, fellas....you're not more important than others.
- Those who refuse to use a turn signal...or, worse yet.....those who don't understand the purpose of a turn signal. The purpose of a turn signal is to SIGNAL that you are about to switch lanes or make a turn. It is NOT to let me know you just cut me off and are currently in my lane. And for those that use their signal at the exact same time they begin to turn on a one way road after slowing down for 100 yards.....try again.
- Not paying attention at the traffic light and need about 10 seconds to begin accelerating when it turns green? Please punch yourself in the face.
- Oh, you need to get over 3 lanes because you weren't paying attention when your exit or turn came up? Do me a favor and wait for the next one ...it's not worth killing people over.

Yea, I think I'll take someone going 10-15 mph over the speed limit any day.

And for the person that mentioned driving in Georgia, you might want to check the average speed limit on highways/freeways there.

I'm out!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 PM

lol this thread is a waste of time.........

Speeders are the problem....

Not the asshats texting...or just not driving and following the rules of the road, those people are all the problem, not speed

Seems to me the problems are:

1. slowing traffic so you can see the people stopped on the side of the road (pull over off the road take pictures of the oh so amazing flat tire)
2. people slowing well below the speed limit because a cop car is present...
3. people suddenly slowing because the phone rang
4. people driving without a clue
5. women putting make up on while driving...
6. slowing traffic to see the accident on the other side, or same side.
7. people that never learned how to merge
8. people that never learned how to exit
9. people stopping traffic rather then getting off the next exit and coming back around
10. people driving way to slow, and cutting across all 3 lanes to get to the left lane or hov lane to drive slower then the people in the right lane.

Seems to me the cops ticketed all them, traffic would be FREE flowing....

Those people are also the reason for accidents with eachother, not those that know how to drive...

So if you're complaining, you need lessons...

Old 12-08-2010, 07:53 PM

20 posts, read 28,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstigs View Post
Best answer I've seen on here. I've got news for you....if drivers obeyed this ONE law (left lane is for passing ONLY) there would be less headaches, less traffic, and less accidents. Plain and simple.
Want to go 55 mph? By all means, please, use the right lane.
Want to go a little faster or want to pass someone going below 55mph in the right lane? Well, look at that! A middle lane!

Trust me...there are a lot more things to worry about on the road than people speeding. Want me to name a few? "Yes Bigstigs, please do."

OK!

- Three to four cars blowing through a red light while turning left on a signal. Wait for the next one, fellas....you're not more important than others.
- Those who refuse to use a turn signal...or, worse yet.....those who don't understand the purpose of a turn signal. The purpose of a turn signal is to SIGNAL that you are about to switch lanes or make a turn. It is NOT to let me know you just cut me off and are currently in my lane. And for those that use their signal at the exact same time they begin to turn on a one way road after slowing down for 100 yards.....try again.
- Not paying attention at the traffic light and need about 10 seconds to begin accelerating when it turns green? Please punch yourself in the face.
- Oh, you need to get over 3 lanes because you weren't paying attention when your exit or turn came up? Do me a favor and wait for the next one ...it's not worth killing people over.

Yea, I think I'll take someone going 10-15 mph over the speed limit any day.

And for the person that mentioned driving in Georgia, you might want to check the average speed limit on highways/freeways there.

I'm out!
Classic

Old 12-08-2010, 07:56 PM

Like bigsticks kinda dropped onto....

All you hammer heads that make the right on red...

Pay close attention..

If there is someone coming, and that road has a 55 mph speed limit it doesn't mean you turn onto that road and they stop....

No no no dumbass, it means you better either wait till you can get to 55 without slowing anyone or damn well floor that pedal and try....

That is what causes accidents.. Same with getting on the highway...

Old 12-08-2010, 08:55 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
fine, but make it a 65mph limit first.

btw, don't they say in driver's ed that most accidents are at 45mph on local roads? Not hard to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island