Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 06:48 AM

137 posts, read 744,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondzz View Post
eh,

Since i was little ive always spelled it like that. In addition to that i don't understand the logic in trying to "yank your chain". Also I clearly stated that i was goin to stay with my sister (who i havent physically seen in about a year). Furthermore, i asked you all about the town which i am visiting (unfortunately) i find it Superfluous for you to Inquire about the factuality of my story, due to the fact that it would be moronic to make up something up.

kaythanksbye!
Why so sensitive? Lighten up Diamond...geez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 06:49 AM

Quote:
No, please don't mistake my defense for not appreciating your help in this matter. However, i just did not feel teh need for deeve i believe to make such a comment specially when he/she cannot substantiate this theroy
As I said....lighten up.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:29 AM

422 posts, read 2,005,624 times
UMMM....HELLO....since when does Spelling count online. NEVER!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Oy vey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
UMMM....HELLO....since when does Spelling count online. NEVER!!!

It doesnt...however the town you live in should come naturally. I live in Oceanside NOT Ocean Side. Hello????

My neighbors would think I was crazy. Same as Bay Shore and Bayshore.
This is all common knowledge on Long Island Mollyme. Or is that Longisland Molly me.

LOL

Old 07-19-2007, 09:26 PM

110 posts, read 777,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
It doesnt...however the town you live in should come naturally.
Absolutely true.

Even though not everyone on Long Island knows how to spell towns like Hauppauge, Nissequogue, Poquott, etc .... anyone that actually lives in those towns can do so.

I used to live in an "Indian name" town and always got a kick out of people from elsewhere (like customer service reps on the phone) trying to figure out how the heck to pronounce it. And if I was the one giving the name, there's no way they could spell it without help.

Even somewhere simple like "Islip" has a 50/50 chance of being pronounced wrong (EYE-slip or IZ-lip) by a non-native!

Old 07-19-2007, 11:16 PM

13 posts, read 98,070 times
Lemme get this straight. Your going to talk about me becuase oof the way I CHOOSE 2 spell the name of my town

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH

Old 07-20-2007, 12:58 PM

106 posts, read 578,558 times
Quote:
Lemme get this straight. Your going to talk about me becuase oof the way I CHOOSE 2 spell the name of my town

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH
sure, why not? we've talked about people for less...right?

Old 07-30-2007, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,322 times
Smile Don't Believe Everything That You Hear!

Quote:
Well, I live in South Hampton. And this summer i'm going to be saying with my sister, I always knew she lived in Nassau County, but yesterday she told me she lived in roosevelt NY, instantly i got scared, Ive heard so many bad things about that town. Does anyone think i should go. My problem is that im a Hampton Girl and i don't think i can survive in such a place.

Can anyone tell me about the crime in Roosevelt?
TO START I LIVED IN ROOSEVELT FOR A FEW YEARS AND I'VE NEVER BEEN EXPOSED TO ANYTHING. THE NEWS AND NEWSPAPERS FOCUS ON THESE AREAS SO MUCH WHILE THE SAME CRIMINAL ACTS ARE BEING COMMITTED IN HIGH CLASS AREAS. HONESTLY, THERE IS CRIME EVERYWHERE. IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SUMMER A MAN WAS SHOT IN HIS HEAD IN BALDWIN AND WE BEARLY HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT IT BUT LATER SOMEONE WAS KILLED IN HEMPSTEAD AND IT WAS ON EVERY CHANNEL. SO, WHAT I'M SAYING IS IF YOUR GONNA TO BE SCARED IN ROOSEVELT BE SCARED WHEREVER YOU GO.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:39 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Ahhhh...a post with true Long Islanders going at it with each other! Yep...just another reason to abandon the Island...or should I type eye land?

Where's GCGuy when you need him?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:18 PM

15 posts, read 80,989 times
Be careful sweetie! It is not the safest place to be. I would not advise you to go any place on Nassau Road alone. It will be an eye opening experience and make you thankful for where you live!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island