Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 11:38 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John9l0 View Post
First off, at your whole post:

No you didn't. You said you wouldn't feel safe sending your kid to school at East. Care to explain why?

Nice attempt at a smart remark, but we're talking about Sachem East, which has nothing to do with the day laborers in Farmingville, considering that they don't have kids here whom they send to school.

Using your logic, I heard recently that there was a Pagan biker gang clubhouse busted in Rocky Point.No way i'd feel safe sending my kids to Rocky Point schools, there must be biker gangs roaming the halls.
I guess.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but I stand by my statement.
Id still hold out for North in terms of long term ROI.(Reason: nicer adjoining communities IMO)

Im allowed to have my opinions of Farmingville as you are to have yours of RP.

It is what it is.

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 12-29-2010 at 11:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 11:47 PM

265 posts, read 945,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
[/b]
I guess.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but I stand by my statement.
Id still hold out for North in terms of long term ROI.

Im allowed to have my opinions of Farmingville as you are to have yours of RP.

It is what it is.

Crooks
It has nothing to do with your opinion of farmingville the OP was talking about holbrook/ronkonkoma. It has to do with you blurting out information you can't back up. OP was asking about Sachem schools, and you were clearly not qualified to give information on the schools considering all your points made 0 sense.

If I went into a thread about Rocky Point schools and said I wouldn't feel safe sending my kids there because of biker gangs who don't attend the school, that would be a be a very stupid example of why i would tell OP to pick a different school. Sort of like how you're implying that the day laborers in farmingville are somehow affecting East negatively.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with your opinion of farmingville, it has to do with you blurting out information you can't back up. OP was asking about Sachem schools, and you were clearly not qualified to give information on the schools considering all your points made 0 sense.

If I went into a thread about Rocky Point schools and said I wouldn't feel safe sending my kids there because of biker gangs who don't attend the school, that would be a be a very stupid example of why i would tell OP to pick a different school. Sort of like how you're implying that the day laborers in farmingville are somehow affecting East negatively.
Actually OP wasnt John but you havent taken the time to read it.
I actually spoke pretty highly of the district just not of that area.

If you think this threads bad wait till you see what Nassau thinks of Central Brookhaven elsewere.

Crooks

Old 12-29-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Actually OP wasnt John but you havent taken the time to read it.

Lol, are you serious? Yeah, I didn't read the thread. Yet another facepalm for you chief:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaytogo View Post
I will look in the sachem district. one question - why is north sachem better than east ? grades? students? how is bohemia and holtsville areas?
Yeah, op didn't ask about sachem schools in this thread at all. lol.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Lol, are you serious? Yeah, I didn't read the thread. Yet another facepalm for you chief:

Yeah, op didn't ask about sachem schools in this thread at all. lol.
OP Chief

My situation:

got a job in Middle Island..................I want to buy a house now because the prices are real low. I am maxed out at 350K and found a ton of homes in holbrook/ronk/farmingville/selden areas. I always dreamed of living on the N. Shore "the golden coast" and I do see houses there real cheap too but taxes are high.............but I can grieve them and when the market turns around I can have equity. Can anyone tell me the main difference between the South shore vs. the North shore ???????? I just hear the south shore is a bit lesser than the n shore. If i was to go South shore which area is better? thanks to everyone for the help

My response

For tax value Id definitely go with Holbrook over the North Shore.
Sachem really has the right model for delivering quality schools for less.
I have family in the district who love it.I would probably hold out for Sachem North if possible.

As for QOL I do think theres a healthy argument to be made for Miller Place-Rocky Point-Sound Beach(as well as smaller SDs).The area is rich in natural beauty (Beaches, Bluffs, Preserves etc) and it has a decidedly un-Long Island (non Gatsby)vibe but some folks find its access and topography challenging and remote.

If you have any questions about NE Brookhaven feel free to ask.Were very happy here and we think Rocky Point a good value.
I would certainly take it over Ronkonkoma and youd be right next to Middle Island.

Either way they are both great choices.

Crooks

Facepalm

Old 12-30-2010, 12:04 AM

^^OP=original poster. Whichwaytogo is the OP. Whichwaytogo asked about sachem schools.

Come on man, you've been borderline trolling this whole thread.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
^^OP=original poster. Whichwaytogo is the OP. Whichwaytogo asked about sachem schools.

Come on man, you've been borderline trolling this whole thread.

For tax value Id definitely go with Holbrook over the North Shore.
Sachem really has the right model for delivering quality schools for less.
I have family in the district who love it.I would probably hold out for Sachem North if possible.

Ok.
Thats me just trolling away and kicking the crap out of Sachem.

Have a good night.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:17 AM

You see, what makes this a big wtf is that you say this:

Quote:
Sachem really has the right model for delivering quality schools for less
And then you say you wouldn't feel comfortable sending your kid to one of Sachem's high schools.

Makes no sense, is somewhat trollish.

Last edited by John9l0; 12-30-2010 at 12:44 AM..

Old 12-30-2010, 02:07 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,090 times
Quote:
Lol. So you're saying North is better than East because of day laborers on portion/horseblock road?

Newsflash buddy, East is like 10% hispanic tops, not far off North. Most of the illegal hispanic population of farmingville is just that, day laborers. Not many hispanic families live there, which explains why there arent many illegal immigrant students attending East.

Stick to your Rocky Point threads instead of giving out false information on subjects you are clueless on.
Here is Crooks' thought process:

1) They made a movie about day laborers in Farmingville and it got an article in Newsday.

2) Sachem East, despite covering a massive geographic area that has near identical socioeconomic characteristics to Sachem North, includes the area this movie was about.

3) So despite being academically identical, and having a student body coming from identical demographic and economic backgrounds, as well as being wholly on par with the jewel of Brookhaven's north shore - Rocky Point SD - Sachem East must be less than satisfactory because:

4) It offers the chance to utilize vague, cryptic phrases like "drive down Portion Rd. sometime", "smart money buys in North - jm2c" or "skip the drama and save up for Sachem North" (as if there is any significant difference in the cost of housing between the 2 areas)....

Haven't you heard, John? Suffolk is becoming Nassau, and "the fish rots from the head", so that doesn't bode well for the areas served by Sachem East, which are .0000001 degrees of longitude south of their Sachem North neighbors....if they were .0000001 degrees closer to the Long Island Sound - like Lake Grove - it would be a totally different story and they would be spared once the crime wave heads east and all non-coastal towns are turned into pillars of salt.

I'm sorry Crooks, I think the insane microanalysis of the non-differences between all these places is comical.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:04 AM

182 posts, read 406,473 times
Quote:
I went to sachem schools. They were good. About on par with the surrounding districts.

Question for Crookhaven: Why are you hell bent on choosing Sachem North over Sachem East? This clearly shows me that you are clueless about sachem schools if it is for the reason I am thinking of.
How long ago?

And if you went to Sachem schools, how can you make the assertion that they are about on par with surrounding districts if you are telling someone else, from a neighboring district, that the don't know anything about the district because they don't live there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island