Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:14 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times

Advertisements

This is crazy. Thank goodness they stopped them in time. Hmmm, maybe it's time we pay attention to those quiet kids who always seem angry???

Story - Teens Plotted Bloody Attack, Cops Say - AOL News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 08:33 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,675,564 times
Mommy and Daddy dont love me...there always at work.

Its more like Dual Income....Dont Know my Kids

Sad.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:05 AM

These are the kids who don't get any attention at all--between their teachers in school, peers, and parents probably.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:34 PM

991 posts, read 4,617,303 times
Rachael you are so right, I volunteer in my two children's classes quite often, One in 3rd one ine kindergarten. You should see how the kindergarten teacher yells at the children right in front of me. I understand parents need to work, so you know sometimes it is not just the parents. Teachers can be quite influential on a child too.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:02 PM

I'm about to start teaching in September. I'm going to especially look out for those types of kids.

I actually met someone on this other Long Island board who said that they knew one of the boys. They said he's one of the sweetest kids and her and her mother were shocked at what he was planning. Said you would have never expected it from him. So they're not always the quiet, angry kids. But it's still important to look out for them and not ignore them just because they're quiet.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:52 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,994,339 times
Default Attention starved babys

You nailed it buddy. This is what happens when mommies and daddies prioritize work before their children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Mommy and Daddy dont love me...there always at work.

Its more like Dual Income....Dont Know my Kids

Sad.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:09 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
You nailed it buddy. This is what happens when mommies and daddies prioritize work before their children.
I guess they don't have much choice. With the cost of living here.

Personally, I'd be delighted if they sawed this sandbar off at the Queens border and floated it back to England. Then they could have real royalty, instead of just people who think they are.

Good riddance.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:11 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,994,339 times
How would she know, she was most likely working all the time, not caring about her children, being selfish, doing what she was brainwashed to do at college. People like this outsource the raising of her kids to 3rd world nannies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I'm about to start teaching in September. I'm going to especially look out for those types of kids.

I actually met someone on this other Long Island board who said that they knew one of the boys. They said he's one of the sweetest kids and her and her mother were shocked at what he was planning. Said you would have never expected it from him. So they're not always the quiet, angry kids. But it's still important to look out for them and not ignore them just because they're quiet.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:21 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,504 times
Default Did they actually do anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post

From my reading, they tried, but failed, to buy some black powder. I don't think they had any guns. How were they going to do anything?

This is possibly a case of slow news day, + ignorant, whiny Long Island yuppies who'll believe anything.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:54 PM

63 posts, read 218,439 times
There have been studies where they've found that the impact of children's peers are greater than the impact of their parents on them depending on certain factors. So it's not always just the parents, after all look at the menendez brothers etc.. rich kids who killed their parents. I think the real problem in America is how people treat each other in school. There is really no love or compassion for one another and it is an environment of cold hearted bullying, even more so now with the internet. There is a greater problem in America, there is a reason why depression is so high here, we must look at that a little closer to see why school shootings are so common here. Teachers are also HUGELY influential on kid's daily lives. Teachers should not just go into teaching for the days off and easy job, they should truly have a passion for educating and partially raising kids, as they are with your kids many hours, every school day for over 12 years. Teachers should be evaluated and watched over more carefully as should students. Bullying should not just be ignored, but be considered wrong.

Also, these kids lived in the trailer park in Bohemia, behind the dump..
Many kids have grown up with 2 parents always working in similar conditions and have grown up to be good, honest, hard working adults, so there is more to it than just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island