Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:37 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times

Advertisements

What Einstein told you Transitchek is a scam? and why so?

To Ragazza...does ADP administer your flex transit plan? If so, you can submit a request for direct payment in lieu of a transit credit card. That's how I do it. ADP will reimburse you every month and you just pay the LIRR directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 AM

63 posts, read 238,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
is Transitchek good? My company has wageworks and no one uses it b/c they say it's a scam and I have read terrible reviews about it online. (Not like I have a choice to use Transitchek, just wondering how it was).
My company used wageworks in the past. Personally I did not have a problem. You get a visa/MC card with the funds deducted from payroll for transit. I used the card to buy my ticket. Now they've switch to ADP or something of the sort and no one likes it because you have to open an account with MTA and then ADP takes your money and send it to MTA to purchase your ticket. Too much damn work and if you're taking vacation, you'd better alert them way in advance because they screw everything up (including your payroll dept). I just buy my ticket at the vending machine. The savings really isn't going to do much for me at tax time, so why bother with the headache. The thing with the transit chek (given the cut back at the various train stations-- loss of ticket agents), you have to purchase your ticket at a major hub--like Penn.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:18 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
That's not ADP your company is using.

I don't know what your marginal tax rate is but at the higher marginal rates you will save over 30% of the $230 per month transitchek in taxes. I guess you are one of those wealthy Long Islanders that can toss away over $800 a year.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:28 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

To Ragazza...does ADP administer your flex transit plan? If so, you can submit a request for direct payment in lieu of a transit credit card. That's how I do it. ADP will reimburse you every month and you just pay the LIRR directly.
No wageworks...same as below, similar problems to the ADP thing. A lot of the people basically said they weren't getting their tickets on time.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:29 AM

3,514 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenet View Post
It's the 29th and i still haven't got mine? Anyone did anyone else get theirs in the mail yet?
Got mine yesterday. Fare increase and all.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Got mine yesterday. Fare increase and all.
How much did the fare increase?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:01 PM

225 posts, read 715,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

I don't believe so...I believe HR works directly with transitchek to get our cards...during open enrollment, you elect what amount you want, and then, usually on the last Monday/Tuesday of the month, HR gives them out.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 PM

3,514 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
How much did the fare increase?

Depends on your zone.

Zone 1 to 10 went from $299.88 w/discount ($306 without)

to $334 no discounts.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 PM

225 posts, read 715,675 times
Quote:
is Transitchek good? My company has wageworks and no one uses it b/c they say it's a scam and I have read terrible reviews about it online. (Not like I have a choice to use Transitchek, just wondering how it was).
Hey Jdawg,

Yeah, it's not bad...this is my first job working in the city and using transitchek, so I guess I'll really see my "savings" during tax time....At the moment, it really doesn't seem like much of a difference but everyone says you'll notice it when it comes around tax time....

It just sucks that our monthly passes have gone up...I'm now paying $254 as of January to commute from Centre Ave (Long beach line) to Penn.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza89 View Post
Hey Jdawg,

Yeah, it's not bad...this is my first job working in the city and using transitchek, so I guess I'll really see my "savings" during tax time....At the moment, it really doesn't seem like much of a difference but everyone says you'll notice it when it comes around tax time....

It just sucks that our monthly passes have gone up...I'm now paying $254 as of January to commute from Centre Ave (Long beach line) to Penn.
Ahhh sh*t. I pay $232 from Long Beach...so what will I pay in January? Basically, I guess, what's the % of the fare increase?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island