Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:42 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,321,532 times

Advertisements

Does Wading River down by Wildwood State Park go to Riverhead schools or SWR?
I think part of that area is considered Baiting Hollow, esp Fresh Pond Rd. Baiting Hollow should be SWR schools, it may actually be a shorter to trip west to SWR than Riverhead.
Or Baiting Hollow should form it's own SD to avoid getting dragged down by Riverhead schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 08:45 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,321,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus5 View Post
definately true about school aged kids but when it comes time to sell it, it does matter.
most of the homes being build are 3 and 4 bedrooms so most buyers do have kids and consider the disgusting riverhead district.im in middle island right now. our house is gigantic but there is squat to do out here, schools are decent. i totally regret moving from nassau county. if u go to a good area and are surrounded by good areas you are sure to make a profit if u ever wanted to sell. so many desire the areas out there for the schools and the closeness to NYC where most work. my commute sucks right now...
so we are deciding on seaford, bellmore and maybe massapequa. not too certain which is best. i heard massapequa is iffy..........
Squat to do? Not for me, miles and miles of trails in the beautiful pine barrens to explore. Wish I lived out there. Sure, if the city and wall to wall ppl is your thing you'll love Nassau, but if you're a nature lover like me M.I., Ridge, Panamoka, Baiting Hollow, Wading River, Rocky point are just perfect. There's enough shopping for me, a decent supermarket (King Kullen),etc.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:49 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rankar View Post
baiting hollow is the best
Except for the schools... which are awful.

Go with SWR or Rocky Point.

crooks

Old 01-23-2009, 12:26 AM

265 posts, read 945,117 times
I never understood everyones gripe with riverhead schools. The test scores seem to be above average.

Riverhead Senior High School Test Scores - Riverhead, New York - NY

Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 AM

745 posts, read 1,504,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus5 View Post
thx for reply. thank god i dont live there. some family just went and had a house build out there for like 500's. its nice but it is one street block in the middle of an old corn field with like 8 homes on it. other than that there is nothing there. i saw a posting that said they would actually consider buying there.
the clincher is that they moved from rocky point.
dont understand the logic there.
Idiots. They could have had a beautiful house in SWR for the same price, with great schools. Miller place too.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:47 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,509,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John9l0 View Post
I never understood everyones gripe with riverhead schools. The test scores seem to be above average.

Yeah, that really doesn't look too bad!

Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,156,915 times
Keep in mind....people on LI are affraid of their own shadows. Thats why Riverhead gets a bad rap. Its not the best but its def. better than what people make it out to be. A co-worker who lives in Wading River has sent 3 kids to Riverhead public school system & all three graduated or are in college. Its all the same textbooks..its what the student takes from them!

Old 01-23-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Does Wading River down by Wildwood State Park go to Riverhead schools or SWR?
I think part of that area is considered Baiting Hollow, esp Fresh Pond Rd. Baiting Hollow should be SWR schools, it may actually be a shorter to trip west to SWR than Riverhead.
Or Baiting Hollow should form it's own SD to avoid getting dragged down by Riverhead schools.

Riverhead.

I agree, but it will never happen

Too many retirees out there.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Idiots. They could have had a beautiful house in SWR for the same price, with great schools. Miller place too.

Same with Rocky Point and most likely with lower taxes.

Could score a small waterfront for 500 here too.

Crooks

Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John9l0 View Post

Again..cant just go by the scores.
It seems like anyone with two nickels to rub togehter out there sends their kids to Mercy.(They have a lot of Drugs and BS from what I hear).

Let me put it to you this way....We dont have charter schools in NE Brookhaven.

Ive heard the Riverhead Elementary schools are very good, its the HS has all the drama.

crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island