Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:31 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
What's so hard to understand? I get what Nancy is saying. I feel the same way. I instantly recognize the style of houses, backyards, the swirly bushes in front of the houses, etc.

guess some people Consider that Beauty i Think its anything but
Just Future Slums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 11:52 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,743,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
guess some people Consider that Beauty i Think its anything but
Just Future Slums
where r u Getting that L.i. is Just A bunch oF cOndos ?
most housing HeRe is Detached single Family hoMes the Condos by Me r real nice by the wAy but OnlY maKe up About 5% of Homes

ON FLORIDA: HOT HOT HOT AS HELLLLLL ...Unbearable. A lot of towns are 95% old people. And why do Florida drivers have to look at everyone that passes them on the road??! It's at least 9 out of 10 have to look directly at you if you drive next to them on the hwy. It's creepy.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:07 PM

16,903 posts, read 16,114,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
where r u Getting that L.i. is Just A bunch oF cOndos ?
most housing HeRe is Detached single Family hoMes the Condos by Me r real nice by the wAy but OnlY maKe up About 5% of Homes

ON FLORIDA: HOT HOT HOT AS HELLLLLL ...Unbearable. A lot of towns are 95% old people. And why do Florida drivers have to look at everyone that passes them on the road??! It's at least 9 out of 10 have to look directly at you if you drive next to them on the hwy. It's creepy.
Okay, name one Florida town that's "95% old people", know it all.
What have you got against older people?

Last edited by rainroosty; 10-11-2011 at 12:19 PM..

Old 10-11-2011, 12:25 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,743,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Okay, name one Florida town that's "95% old people", know it all.
I'd rather know it all than not even know NY at all (from your post on the previous page).. I have nothing against old people. Sorry if I offended you. My age demo is not the one setting up 55+ age-restricted-communities all across the country by the way. We should be asking them what they have against young families.

The Villages The Villages CDP, Florida - ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2005-2009

Hamptons at Boca Hamptons at Boca Raton CDP, Florida - ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2005-2009

Please don't take me so literally but it's mostly a retiree state...is it not?
I still don't get the rubberneck exorcist type stare when youre driving next to a FL driver.

Last edited by Pequaman; 10-11-2011 at 12:37 PM..

Old 10-11-2011, 02:12 PM

16,903 posts, read 16,114,481 times
Quote:
I'd rather know it all than not even know NY at all (from your post on the previous page).. I have nothing against old people. Sorry if I offended you. My age demo is not the one setting up 55+ age-restricted-communities all across the country by the way. We should be asking them what they have against young families.

The Villages The Villages CDP, Florida - ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2005-2009

Hamptons at Boca Hamptons at Boca Raton CDP, Florida - ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2005-2009

I still don't get the rubberneck exorcist type stare when youre driving next to a FL driver.
It's okay.
I went back to page 4 of this thread - I don't see where anything I said would indicate that I don't know New York at all....
By the way, I was born and raised in New York. Even went to the Massapequa mall a lot.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:36 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Right now it is 81 degrees in Miami, it is also 81 in Jacksonville.

Tampa is 82 and Orlando is 83.

There is little variance in weather in FL throughout most of the year.

The only time you will see any variety is for a couple of months in the winter.

And FL is the flattest state I have ever seen.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:

They were probably someone you knew on LI.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:01 AM

200 posts, read 456,712 times
Where does everyone settle down in Florida? What city?

Old 10-12-2011, 06:22 AM

10,223 posts, read 6,308,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Right now it is 81 degrees in Miami, it is also 81 in Jacksonville.

Tampa is 82 and Orlando is 83.

There is little variance in weather in FL throughout most of the year.

The only time you will see any variety is for a couple of months in the winter.

And FL is the flattest state I have ever seen.
You didn't even factor in the horrible HUMIDITY, especially on the Gulf Coast. That is going to bring up the Heat Indexes about 10 degrees. At least 9 months of the year here the humdity levels are in the 90-80% range. Sticky, sticky, sticky. People, on another board, always say why do you need AC when the temps get in the 70s? Well, because of the humidity and that brining up the heat index into the 80s.

I was on LI 2 years ago at my daughter's house (no AC) for that heat wave. We were out walking around. It was hot, but we were shocked at how hot it was. It reached 102 degrees, but we couldn't believe it was THAT hot. No, it wasn't because I have gotten used to Florida. I HAVEN'T, but it was because the humidity on LI that day was only 56%! That is probably why it wasn't all that bad in her house without AC. We had all the windows open and there was a nice breeze coming in, besides putting on all the ceiling fans. I would have been DYING in Florida without AC. Gulf breezes are almost non-existent.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:00 AM

292 posts, read 819,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
You didn't even factor in the horrible HUMIDITY, especially on the Gulf Coast. That is going to bring up the Heat Indexes about 10 degrees. At least 9 months of the year here the humdity levels are in the 90-80% range. Sticky, sticky, sticky. People, on another board, always say why do you need AC when the temps get in the 70s? Well, because of the humidity and that brining up the heat index into the 80s.

I was on LI 2 years ago at my daughter's house (no AC) for that heat wave. We were out walking around. It was hot, but we were shocked at how hot it was. It reached 102 degrees, but we couldn't believe it was THAT hot. No, it wasn't because I have gotten used to Florida. I HAVEN'T, but it was because the humidity on LI that day was only 56%! That is probably why it wasn't all that bad in her house without AC. We had all the windows open and there was a nice breeze coming in, besides putting on all the ceiling fans. I would have been DYING in Florida without AC. Gulf breezes are almost non-existent.
When did you change your name TANaples?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island