Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:05 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,856,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECOBEAR View Post
The homes on my block go from $500.00 over 1 milion, we are middle class. no one has a boat or rv at the house or fixes their car in the street, or flick butts. You have something against honest hard working people? oh, we garden and some actually have the nearve to cut their own lawn, HORRORS !!! How do we live with eachother. I could move into your snobby neighborhood!!!
Uh-oh, I changed a tail light on my car last night (in the street no less!). I guess that makes me white trash working-class.

Give me a freakin break!

Look, I'm not going to have a professional do a repair to my car if I know how to do it myself just because it "looks bad" to other people.

That kind of attitude is what is wrong with Long Island. People have this attitude that they have to have some illegal immigrant do everything under the sun for them because they are either too lazy or prissy to do it themselves. It's disgusting and a bad example for their children!

Oh Yeah, I cut my own lawn and garden too. I other words I'm a human being that actually has real life skills, imagine that!

Last edited by Port North; 02-20-2008 at 09:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,384 times
Port North...I couldn't of said it any better, and Decobear is in the same state of mind, he/she was just being sarcasticly funny.

Working/Middle/Upper Middle Class, why stress over the character of a person when it comes to this subject? I don't get it. Doesn't it have to do with the states economics? Income,net assets and less liabilities.

Now if your looking into LI, or moving to any other place on this planet earth, you should be doing research on the crime rate and the districts schools reading and math test scores, and so on(real reasons to move to a particular area). You dont move some where because you get advice from some one saying "well, this area is upper class..nice, and this area is working class, so dont move here!". You can't base your decision in buying a new home on nonsense, cause thats what it is.

Come on people, we're smarter then this.... Do the research, the internet is a wonderful thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island