Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 10:17 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb11111 View Post
It pains me when they don't check tickets. On crowded days is EXACTLY when the LIRR needs to punch tickets to bring in the $$. Instead they say they're broke and charge everyone more. PW train line in December they didn't check at least 10% of the time. I should start a new thread to see how many other lines they miss out on $$ by not punching tix every morning.

Also, one barely needs to be literate to be an LIRR ticket puncher. Why do you think they'd remember you, no matter how many times they stare blankly at you asking for the ticket?
That's true, but the ticket punchers don't want to put themselves out and who is there to make them do it?

So the people on the train with a single-ride or ten-trip get over.

The LIRR is aware of what their employees do, so that is why they have put stricter time limits on how long a single-ride or ten-trip is good for PLUS now they will not give refunds for these tickets either.

The LIRR just keeps thinking of ways to MAKE MORE MONEY and let their employees do less.

How about the CRAZY extra charges to buy a ticket on the train?

Then they get rid of most of the people in the stations and only have machines.

Even when the machine is BROKEN and there is no way you can buy the ticket at the machine, do you think the ticket puncher will NOT make you pay the outrageous extra charge? They will. I have seen it happen to people.

Next thing that will happen is the LIRR will purposely slack off on maintenance of most of the ticket machines and keep them malfunctioning so they can make more money on the tickets their hapless captive audience buys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 02:59 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Well it's that time again...magic LIRR on a friday time. Can't wait for sardine city!!

have a good weekend everyone...and thanks to Lincoln and Washington, I have off Monday!

Booyah!!

Old 02-18-2011, 03:15 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Well it's that time again...magic LIRR on a friday time. Can't wait for sardine city!!

have a good weekend everyone...and thanks to Lincoln and Washington, I have off Monday!

Booyah!!
Hmm. Somebody's taking half a day off I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island