Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 03:23 PM

157 posts, read 152,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
No one's jealous or upset that they made a bad career choice. The fact that I had enough smarts and I chose to go to College really bothers you that much? and that I value:
-Innovation
-solving 21st century problems
-putting out the best product/service I can at the lowest possible price

wow, yeah, that really makes me a loser in your as$-backwards world of forming mobs of racketeering unions to price gouge taxpayers.

I guess I had it all wrong. I'll go start my own mob now, so I can go down to your level.
And what makes you think I don't have as much or more college than you. You have the opinion that cops are a bunch of morons. There are a few as in any profession. Inovation is OK. I didn't know inovation means go after one profession because you don't like them. You are getting the best possible product. You have almsot a entire NCPD dept trained for years at NYPD, taken from the best of that dept, and 99 % of the supv and detective have a bch degree many with more , and many with military experience and a dept with little ( because I will never say never) to no corruption.
So whats your degree in. Philosophy? You seems to like math???

Old 01-29-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
You don't seem to be able to comprehend what I am saying. All I am saying is that the county police departments should be absorbed into the county sheriff's departments on deputy sheriff pay. We would be able to hire more cops, so we would actually have more than we currently have because then we would be able to afford them.

Why don't you just get security guards like they are doing for jails now. They seem to be running very well......

Old 01-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
If you don't want your salary to be public record, don't be a cop or a teacher or a politician. Your comparing what you make to people who are breaking the law.

"Don't talk about what I make, what about the drug dealer makin' 4 bills a week? "

What the heck does that have to do with your salary, that comes directly from taxes?
Well maybe if people " you seem defensive" paid ALL their required taxes we would nt have this tax problem either

Old 01-29-2011, 03:34 PM

324 posts, read 334,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Well maybe if people " you seem defensive" paid ALL their required taxes we would nt have this tax problem either
No, because the Long Island police would still be overpaid, making $130,000 a year average plus loads of vacation time, the pension, and the other benefits. If the pay for the NCPD averaged $100k instead of $130k and the benefits stayed exactly the same, there would still be 30,000 people paying $100 each to take the police test in hopes of getting a ride on the gravy train.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM

56,953 posts, read 25,911,628 times
Quote:
Wow! Hey Where can I look up what you make? And where can I find out where half these buisness owner on LI not only make but the money they don't claim. Especially contracters. So a city cops make close to 100 G at twenty years and NCPD 129 after 20 yrs. One makes to little and everyone knows that, ( excepty may be you ) and the other makes a salary.

Why would you care what I make, you don't have to pay my salary if you did I would not take issue. The public should be aware what they pay for services, if someone doesn't want their salary made a available they can always work for a private company. Private companies don't publish salaries for the most part because they pay different incentives, employees don't get automatic pay increases each year, they need to earn their increases. I don't work on wall street so don't bother with the analogy.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:46 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,216,518 times
The police (and the other local "civil servants") don't get paid out of our income taxes around here.

So if it was a perfect world here on LI, and ABSOLUTELY NOBODY (that means 0%) cheated on their income taxes, what does that mean to this thread?

EXACTLY NOTHING.

PS: I am not defending tax cheaters. They are wrong, but if they paid up 100% it still wouldn't help with our problem with runaway property taxes.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
The police (and the other local "civil servants") don't get paid out of our income taxes around here.

So if it was a perfect world here on LI, and ABSOLUTELY NOBODY (that means 0%) cheated on their income taxes, what does that mean to this thread?

EXACTLY NOTHING.

PS: I am not defending tax cheaters. They are wrong, but if they paid up 100% it still wouldn't help with our problem with runaway property taxes.
Again like a broken record read your taxes and how much and hom manu times your county tax went up. Its your school portion thats to high. So do you guys care about taxes here or think that cops should live only in Levitt houses with a old car on blocks. Whats it gonna be.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:56 PM

929 posts, read 2,062,902 times
Quote:
Again like a broken record read your taxes and how much and hom manu times your county tax went up. Its your school portion thats to high. So do you guys care about taxes here or think that cops should live only in Levitt houses with a old car on blocks. Whats it gonna be.
Actually they are both too high!

And, just for everyone's knowledge I'm going to post this link that another poster added earlier. Make sure to read on to the next pages, it has three pages total.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=1BF211E1A926F351AC71.3038?site=n ewsday&view=top_stories_item&feed:a=newsday_1min&f eed:c=topstories&feed:i=1.2645292∂=0

Don't forget to read where three chiefs each made more then the police commissioner for New York City. I don't know about you, but do you really think a police chief should make $800,000 per year? Yeah, that wasn't a typo. $800,000 per year when the NYC Police commissioner only makes $190,000. Atleast this type of stuff is getting put under the microscope now. And I thought Superintendent salaries were ridiculous.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:33 PM

289 posts, read 580,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
You don't seem to be able to comprehend what I am saying. All I am saying is that the county police departments should be absorbed into the county sheriff's departments on deputy sheriff pay. We would be able to hire more cops, so we would actually have more than we currently have because then we would be able to afford them.
Maybe you're simply not being clear. Are you now saying the less than 1/10 the size sheriff's departments for both county's absorb their larger Police departments?

Last edited by donkey95; 01-29-2011 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-29-2011, 06:48 PM

324 posts, read 334,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey95 View Post
Maybe you're simply not being clear. Are you now saying the less than 1/10 the size sheriff's departments for both county's absorb their larger Police departments?
Actually he was crystal clear. I understood what he meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.