Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 12:59 PM

939 posts, read 1,840,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
He's passionate about issues that affect his and his buddies wallets, that's for sure. Doesn't seem to talk much about anything else.
Actually, Skippy, I've been retired a long time so the cops' money issues aren't my concern. What does interest me greatly is people like you who whine and stamp their feet and take snippets and sound bites of information and try to demonize the cops. You have an obvious and long standing anti-cop agenda and it's important that the other side gets heard. You'll notice that most often I post in response to some hysterical or over-the-top factually inaccurate comment (often coming from you.) I noticed in this last go 'round that you were nowhere to be found until I posted a response to someone else. Some would call that stalking.

Fortunately there are those on these threads who actually appreciate accurate and correct information about police issues. Apparently you're not one of them. Next time talk to me ... instead of about me. It's rather rude.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:17 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,979,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
Actually, Skippy, I've been retired a long time so the cops' money issues aren't my concern. What does interest me greatly is people like you who whine and stamp their feet and take snippets and sound bites of information and try to demonize the cops. You have an obvious and long standing anti-cop agenda and it's important that the other side gets heard. You'll notice that most often I post in response to some hysterical or over-the-top factually inaccurate comment (often coming from you.) I noticed in this last go 'round that you were nowhere to be found until I posted a response to someone else. Some would call that stalking.

Fortunately there are those on these threads who actually appreciate accurate and correct information about police issues. Apparently you're not one of them. Next time talk to me ... instead of about me. It's rather rude.

Demonize.

Hilarious.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:19 PM

56,954 posts, read 25,911,628 times
So can I assume that police are compensated better than teachers, but since there are more teachers than cops teachers account for a higher percentage of taxes?

So what's the PBA's point?

Old 05-05-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Demonize.

Hilarious.
Very snappy comeback. Best you can do?

Wasn't meant to be funny, but maybe you found it "hilarious" because you didn't understand it (no surprise there.) If you need me to define the word "demonize" for you, I'd be happy to do so. (There are those of in the police field who hold graduate degrees, contrary to what you may believe.) Otherwise, thanks for proving my point.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Very snappy comeback. Best you can do?

Wasn't meant to be funny, but maybe you found it "hilarious" because you didn't understand it (no surprise there.) If you need me to define the word "demonize" for you, I'd be happy to do so. (There are those of in the police field who hold graduate degrees, contrary to what you may believe.) Otherwise, thanks for proving my point.
You definitely have a firm grasp on what demonization is, the problem is it's you who resorts to ridiculous and borderline insane hyperbole everytime someone says something you don't like and which doesn't agree with your agenda. That agenda being that cops should not be questioned and that their compensation should not be brought into question.

"Cops get paid too much"

Response:

"You hate cops, you have an anti-cop agenda, you probably have a criminal record, you didn't make the cut for the police test and yo want to be a cop, yada yada, nonsense and BS ad infinitum"

Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 AM

398 posts, read 835,827 times
Considering you someone pointed out that DMAN71 and PDCNRET only post about cops and salary, I look at it this way and see Dman joined in August 2008 and has 690 rep points and pdcnret joined July 2007 and has 264 rep points.

This concludes more people on citydata agree with Dman72 and not Pcdnret that cops are overpaid.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
You definitely have a firm grasp on what demonization is, the problem is it's you who resorts to ridiculous and borderline insane hyperbole everytime someone says something you don't like and which doesn't agree with your agenda. That agenda being that cops should not be questioned and that their compensation should not be brought into question.

"Cops get paid too much"

Response:

"You hate cops, you have an anti-cop agenda, you probably have a criminal record, you didn't make the cut for the police test and yo want to be a cop, yada yada, nonsense and BS ad infinitum"
Actually, Skippy, I've spent most of my time trying to convince you that "Cops get paid too much" is your opinion ... and not a fact. You have real difficulty distinguishing the two.

And since you're apparently incapable of having a rational, non-opinionated discussion about police issues, one can only conclude that you have a serious anti-cop agenda, something that is usually driven by some past negative interaction with the police. When you've seen it many, many times, it's not too tough to recognize.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyliguy View Post
Considering you someone pointed out that DMAN71 and PDCNRET only post about cops and salary, I look at it this way and see Dman joined in August 2008 and has 690 rep points and pdcnret joined July 2007 and has 264 rep points.

This concludes more people on citydata agree with Dman72 and not Pcdnret that cops are overpaid.
Now there's a scientific analysis. I guess we can take that to the bank.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Actually, Skippy, I've spent most of my time trying to convince you that "Cops get paid too much" is your opinion ... and not a fact. You have real difficulty distinguishing the two.

And since you're apparently incapable of having a rational, non-opinionated discussion about police issues, one can only conclude that you have a serious anti-cop agenda, something that is usually driven by some past negative interaction with the police. When you've seen it many, many times, it's not too tough to recognize.
Most people ..again most, not all...realize that when someone types "cops are paid too much" that they are expressing an opinion. One does not have to say "in my opinion" or "it is my belief" for something to qualify as an opinion. If you don't believe me, try reading a newspaper editorial page sometime.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:31 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,218,769 times
Quote:

How about you give us the facts on why they are not paid too much?

The thing many posters on LI C-D have in common is "past negative interaction with high taxes on LI," not the police. It's the taxes, not the actual men and women in the police uniforms out there working for NCPD and SCPD. For example, do you think that any of us who are very vocal about high taxes look at the police drive by in their cruisers and think things like, "Gee I hope that $#^@#(*&% gets shot tonight." NO, never, God forbid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.