Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:18 AM

527 posts, read 1,020,058 times

Advertisements

So sad-

I do not think we should have ANY homeless/hungry people - I think we help way too many other countries before we help ourselves.

It really is sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 06:26 PM

852 posts, read 1,443,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
So sad-

I do not think we should have ANY homeless/hungry people - I think we help way too many other countries before we help ourselves.

It really is sad.
So true....America first!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:05 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
We have a Bohack Charlie pushing a cart.

Hes supposedly related to the Bohack family but they disowned him.
He was in Port Jeff for years but has been out here for the past few months.

That can't be the same person (but it is the same history) who lived in Port Jeff Station when my son and I lived there in the early seventies. Because my son was still in a stroller, he would always call me "Mamma" and he did push a shopping cart up and down Route 112.

But, he was ancient even then .......he would have to be an immortal if it's the same person.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-27-2011 at 07:32 PM..

Old 01-27-2011, 07:15 PM

142 posts, read 265,387 times
I'd suggest giving the guy a radio voice-over contract.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:20 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

That can't be the same person (but it is the same history) who lived in Port Jeff Station when my son and I lived there in the early seventies. Because my son was still in a stroller, he would always call me "Mamma" and he did push a shopping cart up and down Route 112.

But, he was ancient even then .......he would have to be an immortal if it's the same person.

It is Nancy.

I cant believe hes still alive.He just looked prematurely old.
Hes gotta be out there 30 years.

He spends half his time in Port Jeff and half in Rocky Point.
Sad.

Crooks

Old 01-28-2011, 04:24 AM

338 posts, read 777,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
The homeless guy with the long beard, I haven't seen him since around New years. Hope he's alright, he walks way too close to oncoming traffic imo. I saw a woman hand him either soup or hot chocolate once when I was coming out of Bagel-Wagon on Merrick. Seems like a decent guy, he'll nod at you and never asks anyone for anything.
I saw him the other day, sleeping on a bench on merrick rd in seaford, just west of the movie theater.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:45 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
So sad-

It really is sad.
There are plenty of social service programs and organizations out there. These people do not want to make use of them. In some ways, they are happier being independent and living on the streets.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:47 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post

He doesent want help. I just hope he dont die out there.

He goes back to PJ from time to time.

Hes harmless but tragic.
Yep...seen your version of Charlie too. Seen him out in some god awful weather too.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:51 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Yep...seen your version of Charlie too. Seen him out in some god awful weather too.
Hes got plenty of antifreeze.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:08 AM

184 posts, read 228,048 times
There's usually a reason people are homeles, and it's rarely because they got bad breaks and are down on their luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island