Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM

929 posts, read 2,068,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstigs View Post
Sense of entitlement...no manners...."I'm the only person on this Earth" syndrome.....I've said it all before in my previous posts. LI is full of (with parents just as bad) and it's a shame, because this place could be really nice. Could be....
The problem is really nice areas draw all the "winners." Just like Southern California, all the a-holes move to gods country. What you need to do is move to a really cruddy part of the country where it's either butt cold or blisteringly hot, with no water around, no jobs and you will find the best of people.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-28-2011 at 06:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Really lady, talking on your phone,navigating the slop, latte in hand, to save your Uggs while leaving Panera, you ding my car door with your Land Rover while I'm sitting in it, and not even offer an apology.

Really lady....really?

Really?

Your sons a peach too, rocking the trifecta of the Ed Hardy, blowout and diamond earrings.

When did this Island become so douchey?

I'm sorry but I hate it when I have to go west of 112.Not because thats the only place you find these idiots just that the saturation of them is more pronounce.

I offer this thread up for your observations of depraved indifference, extreme self centeredness and general douchebaggery on LI.

Huzzah!

Crooks
Land Rover Nouveau Yup mom with a Jersey Shore kid. UGG!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:04 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
OK Idiots works too.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:29 PM
gag

683 posts, read 1,421,606 times
Quote:
I cant lie.You see it mostly in new money areas.
FYIGM.

Old money and working class seem to buck the trend a bit.
...a bit.

Crooks
Crooks:

Here's my story close to yours here about LI new money.

Last year, we drove Chicago----LI.. Got onto the LIE East at around 11pm in Queens. Tons of traffic, accident ahead, ya know 5mph move stop move----then "pop." Looked in my rear-view and there was a mercedes SUV that just bumped us. The princess was on the phone laughing lookin' the other way--making believe it didn't happen. It was pretty scary gettin' out on the LIE, but I did, no real damage, but there was a dent. I went over to her window. but she just kept talking, and didn't even look at me--I tapped on her window. Finally, she opened it in a huff like I was bothering her. I told her I need her info. because she tapped me, and it was a rental car, and I couldn't recall the insurance set-up. She just denied hitting me even after I told her we felt it... She said "it's only a piece of s--t rental, what do you care?" I took her plate #, gave it in, but never heard anything. ----------Thing is, she was just talking and talking in her big a-s Benz SUV, and probably didn't even feel it when she bumped---so, she's not lying, just kinda sayin' "the world revolves around me," and when I decide I really hit you, then I did, otherwise don't bother me." I guess old money or regular people would've just done the right thing-------still ?------I hope

Old 01-28-2011, 09:44 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
I know, and they always have those North Face jackets on too. I cant stand the snobs either, the only escape from them is the Pine Barrens.
Unfortunately I'm west of 112, way west of 112..

Quote:
Really lady, talking on your phone,navigating the slop, latte in hand, to save your Uggs while leaving Panera, you ding my car door with your Land Rover while I'm sitting in it, and not even offer an apology.

Really lady....really?

Really?

Your sons a peach too, rocking the trifecta of the Ed Hardy, blowout and diamond earrings.

When did this Island become so Moderator cut: language removed
I'm sorry but I hate it when I have to go west of 112.Not because thats the only place you find these idiots just that the saturation of them is more pronounce.

I offer this thread up for your observations of depraved indifference, extreme self centeredness and general Moderator cut: language on LI.

Huzzah!

Crooks

Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I cant lie.You see it mostly in new money areas.
FYIGM.

Old money and working class seem to buck the trend a bit.
...a bit.

Crooks
Yeah, like South Setauket, Lake Grove, Nesconset, Dix Hills, East Hills, Woodbury, Plainview, generally anywhere these nouveau rich snobs are moving to building more McMansions.
I remember when the Smith Haven Mall was quaint and now it's full of these snobs.
Of course I've been complaining about these "citiots" for eons. They are forcing the native ppl off LI with their McMansions, attitudes, and high maintanance lifestyles that bring in an underclass of illegals.
Too bad there aren't enough bucktooth pineys with shotguns left in the barrens to chase these North Face wearing, latte drinking, Range Rover driving snobs out of here.
It's a different story in South Jersey for sure.
PINEY POWER

Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Land Rover Nouveau Yup mom with a Jersey Shore kid. UGG!
And the funny thing is people are nicer in South Jersey. "Jersey Shore" is more typical of Long Island than Toms River, Point Pleasant, or Seaside Heights.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:07 PM

And lets not forget all those monster Range Rovers and other giant luxury SUV's that are driving around with snow on their roofs by itty bitty women. At least Suffolk is trying to pass a law to make it illegal, but no such action here in Nassau.
They have extendable roof brushes to clear the snow for those 4 foot 9 princesses out there, and they dont cost much more than Grande Latte...

Old 01-28-2011, 11:10 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I know, and they always have those North Face jackets on too. I cant stand the snobs either, the only escape from them is the Pine Barrens.
Unfortunately I'm west of 112, way west of 112..
Theyre out here too, just not as many.

I do feel bad for the 3Vs.I loved living there as a kid.Most everyone I know that went to school there bailed years ago. Not because they couldn't afford it, just because it no longer resembled the home they grew up in.Some went south, some came out east etc.
Trust me its not at all bad, just different.Schools are still very,very good and the University offers plenty in terms of culture.Its just gotten so overblown and packed with traffic.

I just think theres so little real LI left in Brookhaven that I find it very sad.

Id say the biggest change in this area of late has been Mt Sinai and Miller Place, it just got McMansioned to death.
Truth be told many people love that. Its just not my thing at all.

We were actually out at Panera Smithtown today but New money is new money and there no cure for idiocy.

Crooks

Old 01-28-2011, 11:28 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,795 times
Quote:
just because it no longer resembled the home they grew up in.
I grew up in Holbrook and that's one of the many reasons why we left but I'm not here to bash...

The same thing happened to us about 6-7 years ago when we were out on the Island for the weekend. We were in the parking lot of a restaurant in Bayport (just a few miles west of 112 ironically) and some idiot in a Jetta (I think) bangs into my drivers side door, hard. Luckily we were in my wife's old beater Toyota. I cracked the window and said "you're lucky it's paid for.." and she was like tee hee sorry. grrrr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island