Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 05:35 AM

23,877 posts, read 32,147,057 times

Advertisements

Yes that's the house. My friends and I also took a boat there. I remember seeing a white grand piano inside the house, and a Big Wheels Car. We got pretty close.

Writing this now, I feel like a stalker. I was a teenager and it was a long time ago. We all thought if we did see John, he'd invite us in and hang out with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 02:11 PM

3 posts, read 20,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob333 View Post
So if I am following this correctly and looking at the map, is it correct to say that it is on the waterfront about halfway between CSH labs/the long sandbar and the Laurel Hollow village beach?
Yes, that is correct. The house is also directly across the harbor from the oil barge station.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:22 PM

3 posts, read 20,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Bull.
It does sound like bull, but its true. I've lived in Huntington my whole life and boat out of CSH.
While T. Coney is not a close friend we were paddle (platform tennis) partners at the HBC (Bay Club)for several years.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:59 PM

325 posts, read 734,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes that's the house. My friends and I also took a boat there. I remember seeing a white grand piano inside the house, and a Big Wheels Car. We got pretty close.

Writing this now, I feel like a stalker. I was a teenager and it was a long time ago. We all thought if we did see John, he'd invite us in and hang out with us.
That's what we thought when we would hang around/stalk him on the harbor - that now that we were neighbors he'd be welcoming and hang out with us. We were also afraid to get to close to the dock because we had crazy ideas about security guards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS4 View Post
It does sound like bull, but its true. I've lived in Huntington my whole life and boat out of CSH.
While T. Coney is not a close friend we were paddle (platform tennis) partners at the HBC (Bay Club)for several years.
All true! While I don't know Tyler personally, John Lennon's association with the Coneys is well known around town and has been documented in several biographies. A quick Google search yielded this article.

I also came across a couple home videos of John's in CSH

John Lennon Cold Spring Harbor "Dear Yoko" 1980 HD - YouTube

Old 05-14-2014, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,436 times
Default John Lennon on Long Island

In addition to Laurel Hollow, which is well documented, I was also told that he lived in a house on Chicken Valley Rd in Matinecock. I have worked in that area for well over 10 years and never heard anything regarding that. Does anyone else have any more info?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island