Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:58 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
whats the address to that brick house? id like to see if i can drive by it just to look at the outside and the area.
906 Lincoln Avenue Baldwin, NY 11510 - it's right off Milburn Avenue just north of Sunrise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 11:02 AM

581 posts, read 1,244,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
906 Lincoln Avenue Baldwin, NY 11510 - it's right off Milburn Avenue just north of Sunrise.
Thank you sir.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:06 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Here is a house in your price range with less taxes than the Baldwin house that doesn't need a ton of fixing:

MLSLI.com
Wow, I really need to look into all of this more...

I've always figured A) I can't afford anything halfway decent and B) even if I could, what's the point right now? I'm just one person. Better to save up.

However if it's now become affordable to the point where it doesn't even really cost that much more than renting a fairly crappy apartment, I've gotta believe owning ANYTHING is preferable long term.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:45 AM

70 posts, read 138,094 times
Baldwin isn't that bad of a place. I notice in this forum...wherever non whites live people immediately demonize the area.

I went to see this house a few weeks ago at a open house. This house has so much water damage it's insane. Every part of this house needs work! The kitchen is small,the oak floors are buckling and the upstairs . There is mold in the living room and 1 upper bedroom because of the water damage.

It's a nice neighborhood and I spoke to a few of the neighbors, very nice people who gave me the history of the home, told me about the original owners fixing the place up,then moving, the place being sold,(if I remember correctly I think realtors bought the place for investment) then rented out to low lives. The bank eventually foreclosed on the house and left it to rot. Such a shame because the brickwork on the house is lovely.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:54 AM

oh yeah the house was under contract last summer but the contract fell through so it's back on the market. I am telling you this house needs at least 100-150,000 worth of work. The back yard is non existent....it's mostly side yard. There are 4 bedrooms upstairs but one wall could be removed to create a nice MBR.
It needs a proper 1/2 bath on the first floor and the basement was surprisingly dry but needs an overhaul. Oh and one of the neighbors would need a talking to since his gutter downspout faces your yard instead of going down his driveway or property. It appears (to me and hubby) that every time it rains the water would be directed straight onto your property and down to your basement.

Like I said ...hubby and I scoped the house out since my sister is looking to buy a home.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:13 PM

I guess I won't bother to waste my tine even viewing the exterior. I guess my dream about water wasn't off.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I can't see how it's a bad idea at all, as long as you have a decent enough down payment and 6-12 months cushion of total mortgage payments after the rehab is complete. I wouldn't say as nice as RVC or Williston park , but if it's a nicer area in Baldwin and it's about as much as your rent payment today, that is a perfect house for someone in your shoes.

I noticed though, there's another decent old house for cheap on the same block! It's a short-sale..wth happened on this block I'd like to know MLSLI.com
This house is a few blocks away from the Lincoln home. This house (which is on Newton Ave) has NO BACK YARD...and your driveway is shared with a business next door. There are two garages in the back of it. One is a two car for the business and one is for the house. I would NEVER buy it! It should be zoned commercial,not residential!

Last edited by Errin1; 02-23-2011 at 01:46 PM..

Old 02-23-2011, 07:27 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
So you flew up from Virginia and it looked just like this?

Actually I drove Second time I was up in NY in the last three weeks.I was up for the funeral and today I was at Nassau County Supreme Court. I won my case Thank you Judge ******* now collecting the judgment is another story But while I was there visiting the old neighborhood, my friend a Realtor show me the home. I was just reporting my findings... Oh by the way I made an offer 99k.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Actually I drove Second time I was up in NY in the last three weeks.I was up for the funeral and today I was at Nassau County Supreme Court. I won my case Thank you Judge ******* now collecting the judgment is another story But while I was there visiting the old neighborhood, my friend a Realtor show me the home. I was just reporting my findings... Oh by the way I made an offer 99k.
they flat out turned that down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island