U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Kings Park, NY
1,441 posts, read 2,600,129 times
Reputation: 726

Advertisements

I always found this town to be the best of both worlds between rural and suburban. Montauk highway is built up with plenty of shopping, food, etc. And the north parts of montauk and south are all residential. It has the small town feel and suburban bigger town feel all at once... with big supermarket shopping centers (king kullen, waldbaums) to a quaint little downtown with mom and pop stores. Maybe the reason people don't talk about it more or suggest it to homebuyers is that its too far east for most people's likings? Like i said in the beginning i think it is the best of both worlds one of the best south shore towns in suffolk (not counting the hamptons)

Anyone share my love??
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-24-2011, 04:52 PM
 
929 posts, read 1,975,194 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
I always found this town to be the best of both worlds between rural and suburban. Montauk highway is built up with plenty of shopping, food, etc. And the north parts of montauk and south are all residential. It has the small town feel and suburban bigger town feel all at once... with big supermarket shopping centers (king kullen, waldbaums) to a quaint little downtown with mom and pop stores. Maybe the reason people don't talk about it more or suggest it to homebuyers is that its too far east for most people's likings? Like i said in the beginning i think it is the best of both worlds one of the best south shore towns in suffolk (not counting the hamptons)

Anyone share my love??
With the added benefit of ghetto kids shipped in from the reservation in Mastic. Other then that, it's a great little town that's too far from the jobs in Nassau/NYC and not far enough to be considered part of The Hamptons.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Kings Park, NY
1,441 posts, read 2,600,129 times
Reputation: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonlineli View Post
With the added benefit of ghetto kids shipped in from the reservation in Mastic. Other then that, it's a great little town that's too far from the jobs in Nassau/NYC and not far enough to be considered part of The Hamptons.
Oh i wasent aware there were no jobs in suffolk county ~_~

And 2 towns over (east moriches, eastport) eastport being the brookhaven/southampton line.

Close enough. I think your missing the point of my post. I wasent comparing it to the hamptons, and i never once mentioned jobs?

Oh and what kids live on the reservation? have you ever actually even stepped food in any of these towns? lol you seem pretty clueless. Nassau bubble?

confused.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 05:04 PM
 
929 posts, read 1,975,194 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Oh i wasent aware there were no jobs in suffolk county ~_~

And 2 towns over (east moriches, eastport) eastport being the brookhaven/southampton line.

Close enough. I think your missing the point of my post. I wasent comparing it to the hamptons, and i never once mentioned jobs?

Oh and what kids live on the reservation? have you ever actually even stepped food in any of these towns? lol you seem pretty clueless. Nassau bubble?

confused.
When you comment that it's "too far east for most people's likings," that is code for "not enough jobs close enough to the area.

I love Center Moriches, I spent a lot of my youth in the area. They have one of the best vets on the planet at Center Moriches Vet Hospital in Dr Savino. However, it's not a draw for a lot of people because the school district isn't highly rated because of the influx of kids from the reservation. At least, that's the way most people saw it when I was around there.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Kings Park, NY
1,441 posts, read 2,600,129 times
Reputation: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonlineli View Post
When you comment that it's "too far east for most people's likings," that is code for "not enough jobs close enough to the area.

I love Center Moriches, I spent a lot of my youth in the area. They have one of the best vets on the planet at Center Moriches Vet Hospital in Dr Savino. However, it's not a draw for a lot of people because the school district isn't highly rated because of the influx of kids from the reservation. At least, that's the way most people saw it when I was around there.
You love it but you kind of just totally trashed it.. lol. I agree it would be better if not so close to the mastics, and i agree about the schools. But im just curious as to why it is rarely rarely ever mentioned in any discussioon - but other small low key towns are.

Thanks for your input though, I spent a lot of time there myself and still do.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
 
1,701 posts, read 3,285,154 times
Reputation: 602
I owned a store on main for a short time. Strange people. Railroad ave is just as shady as any place in the tri-ham. By the water nice, anywhere else, no thanks. Now e-mo is nice.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 06:56 PM
 
929 posts, read 1,975,194 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
I owned a store on main for a short time. Strange people. Railroad ave is just as shady as any place in the tri-ham. By the water nice, anywhere else, no thanks. Now e-mo is nice.
I think anywhere named Railroad Ave is probably shady no matter the area.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
 
732 posts, read 1,649,762 times
Reputation: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonlineli View Post
I think anywhere named Railroad Ave is probably shady no matter the area.
Sayville's Railroad Avenue is kinda grody compared to the rest of Sayville.

Patchogue's is where Lucero got attacked IIRC.

Last edited by RoleModel; 02-24-2011 at 07:55 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
 
929 posts, read 1,975,194 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
Sayville's Railroad Avenue isn't completely awful.

Patchogue's is where Lucero got attacked IIRC.
Have you seen those apartments on Johnson Ave in Sayville? Yikes

However, I do love paying taxes so full grown adults can sit in a kiddie pool with a beer at 2pm in August on the sidewalk.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM
 
732 posts, read 1,649,762 times
Reputation: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonlineli View Post
Have you seen those apartments on Johnson Ave in Sayville? Yikes
Comment withdrawn. Those are some really tacky apartments.

Yeah...is there a decent Railroad Avenue anywhere?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top