Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:08 PM

1,302 posts, read 3,306,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John9l0 View Post
Well, Setauket is an upper class area, so yeah it's going to be desireable for everybody. Selden would be desireable to middle class people, since it is a middle class area. The only bad thing I can really say about Selden is the traffic on Middle Country.
The probem with Selden is that it is not middle class enough...and it is eroding..and the issues in farmingville are creeping out of Adirondack and spilling across 25A...Tatoo parlors and dollar stores seem to be increasingly prevalent. I do know a few young couples who bought in Selden, but they have spent most of their time there figuring out when they can move back to their old hometowns (holbrook, kings park, sayville)..They use terms like "settled" rather than "desireable".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,676,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
The probem with Selden is that it is not middle class enough...and it is eroding..and the issues in farmingville are creeping out of Adirondack and spilling across 25A...Tatoo parlors and dollar stores seem to be increasingly prevalent. I do know a few young couples who bought in Selden, but they have spent most of their time there figuring out when they can move back to their old hometowns (holbrook, kings park, sayville)..They use terms like "settled" rather than "desireable".
Precisely.

Theyll be waiting a while now that Stony Brook can be had.

C

Old 11-14-2007, 09:32 PM

265 posts, read 945,117 times
Quote:
I have yet to see the problems of Farmingville creep into Selden.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:42 PM

Default You can't be serious...

Quote:
I have yet to see the problems of Farmingville creep into Selden.
Look, I have very close family in Farmingville and am in and around Selden frequently to run errands, take the kids out for something, etc...you can't be serious. Be honest with yourself. It has not become Farmingville, but the same issues are and have begun to creep in. Not a judgement, just an observation.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:45 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:
Look, I have very close family in Farmingville and am in and around Selden frequently to run errands, take the kids out for something, etc...you can't be serious. Be honest with yourself. It has not become Farmingville, but the same issues are and have begun to creep in. Not a judgement, just an observation.
I have to agree -- Route 25 through Selden is looking sketchy. The only decent spot is the intersection of 25 & 83. Can't be that SCPD's 6th Precinct as at the corner?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:45 PM

I live in Holtsville, and am in Selden almost every day. I'm just saying in all honesty that I have not seen any of Farmingvilles issues creep in.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Holtsville huh...

Quote:
I live in Holtsville, and am in Selden almost every day. I'm just saying in all honesty that I have not seen any of Farmingvilles issues creep in.
Now Holtsville is a really sketchy area...Clamboy will tell you it is near the LIE and destined to be a horrific neighborhood by 2020...(I am joking by the way)

Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Now Holtsville is a really sketchy area...Clamboy will tell you it is near the LIE and destined to be a horrific neighborhood by 2020...(I am joking by the way)
lol, yeah according to clamboy the whole middle of the island will be Baghdad by then.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,033 times
Quote:
...and the schools are...middle country. Stonybrook is 3 village at least...I would see that as a pretty big gap in comparing these Coram homes to the S section in Stony Brook.
Actually as I stated these districtS are middle country, Longwood and Comsewogue. Believe me I was NOT COMPARING this area to Stony Brook, people considering this area could likely not afford 3 village taxes and I'm a realist. however was I was saying & what is a FACT (not an opinion) is that this particular neighborhood was built by and at the same time as the developer that built those areas I mentioned in Stony Brook. So if someone were to appriecate that layout of those homes(as I do) I think this information might be useful to them. I'm not here to defend my neck of the woods constantly & on every thread regardless of how far away from my town it may be on this forum, I'm here to TRY to be helpful & actually learn things myself. My suggestion to you is to read threads without being in the mode of defending your area in every post, I think it makes you come across in a much more negative way than you intend.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,676,759 times
Quote:
lol, yeah according to clamboy the whole middle of the island will be Baghdad by then.
More like San Salvador.

If you aint seeing it...love is blind.

JrProf is 100% correct in his assesment on where that area is (and going)

C
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island