Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:27 PM

852 posts, read 1,443,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem301 View Post
Correction. Bayside is a lovely place to live but don't think for one second that you will be immune to crime. Bay side has a high number of stolen vehicles, burglaries and an occasional robbery. This I know because I am in law enforcement. I grew up in baldwin and my family still resides in the area. All of the homeowners maintain their homes with care. There are more law enforcement,doctors, teachers and lawyers in that given area. Every area has occasional spurts of crime. Don't bash the area because you seek the comfort of another location. I have noticed that people tend to speak negatively of an area if there tends to be a higher concentration of minorities. Baldwin is a great place to live.
You do mean Baldwin, NY, right? Exit 20 on the Southern State Parkway? The one with Grand Avenue running right down the middle?

For you to claim that the homeowners maintain their homes with care is a downright absurdity. It's one of the main reasons I left!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 02:02 PM

80 posts, read 121,616 times
Yes I do mean Baldwin. I'm not sure where you lived but in the area in which I grew and still visit because of family still maintains its value and charm. That's you're personal opinion and this is mine. Good for you if you decided to venture somewhere else. Enjoy:-)

Old 06-18-2011, 10:14 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times
I like Baldwin. It's an awesome location because it's exit 20 on the SSP, close to my parents who are in south Queens and my job in Suffolk county.

I grew up in Queens, went to high school in Bayside. The crime there is just as bad as Nassau so I dont see any difference, I find Queens to be so congested. I love having a parking spot on our driveway and in front of the house. We are south of Atlantic and feel very safe. I have never had trouble with crime here. I think it's a nice neighborhood.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:35 AM

162 posts, read 383,458 times
I too am south of Atlantic, and have not had any trouble with crime, been here 2 years. all the houses, and land are well kept, most by landscapers, quiet neighborhood, no through traffic, close to the water.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywed1 View Post
I too am south of Atlantic, and have not had any trouble with crime, been here 2 years. all the houses, and land are well kept, most by landscapers, quiet neighborhood, no through traffic, close to the water.
And exactly WHERE were you when I had my house on the market?!?!?!

Old 06-18-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
And exactly WHERE were you when I had my house on the market?!?!?!
There is a house on our block that's been in the market for almost a year now...it's right by the water (canal). Its priced to sell, why not check it out

Old 06-18-2011, 01:39 PM

51 posts, read 257,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
There is a house on our block that's been in the market for almost a year now...it's right by the water (canal). Its priced to sell, why not check it out
I think you misunderstood what Woody meant. He used to live in Baldwin but moved out due to the influx of brown people. Baldwin is a great place to live, that is if your not scared of diversity.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:41 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Baldwin has changed in recent years. My grandfather lived there from 1978-1995. We loved it at that time. He lived just a few min from Baldwin Harbor. I have a friend who's parents have lived in Baldwin since 1972 and can't wait to get out.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balancedact View Post
I think you misunderstood what Woody meant. He used to live in Baldwin but moved out due to the influx of brown people. Baldwin is a great place to live, that is if your not scared of diversity.
Ohhh ok, I get it...the comment really didn't make that clear though, how do you extrapolate all THAT from his 1 sentence .yes, there are many blacks in Baldwin, we have some on our street but so what? They aren't playing music at 2 am nor dealing drugs on the corner. We are close to South Hempstead and Freeport so the diversity will always be there..heck, there are blacks in Oceanside and Rockville Centre too- so anyone who is racist and doesn't like that is better off moving to NC where the rest of the scared whiteys from LI now live.

Last edited by LegalDiva; 06-18-2011 at 04:24 PM..

Old 06-18-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balancedact View Post
Wow...you read my post and got that?!?

Reading comprehension is a skill you have yet to master.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island