Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:39 PM

10 posts, read 29,759 times

Advertisements

I really dont know much about the two areas. Which one has a better school district. I was told by a person I work with that East Islip is better but would like to hear some more input. No more than $400,000 is what I am willing to spend on a home. I heard south of union is nice. How is the conlu park area of east islip? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 PM

929 posts, read 2,061,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito631 View Post
I really dont know much about the two areas. Which one has a better school district. I was told by a person I work with that East Islip is better but would like to hear some more input. No more than $400,000 is what I am willing to spend on a home. I heard south of union is nice. How is the conlu park area of east islip? Thanks
I like East Islip better. Islip can be a nice area, and you will find more charming homes, but they are also older and sometimes not well kept. Stay away from Grant Ave, because it is a lot of illegal multi dwelling rentals. North of Sunrise is a nice area, but has been shrinking over time. It's being squeezed by people from Central Islip and Bay Shore.

East Islip has newer homes, so you are more likely to find good sized bedrooms and multiple bathrooms. However, the houses have that "I was built in the 1960s" charm that we all love so much. I would go south of Montauk and specifically Country Village.

Either area, the farther south you go the better the neighborhood becomes.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:39 AM

10 posts, read 29,759 times
Thanks for the reply. I wish I could afford south of montauk. I did notice alot of homes in islip that were 100 years old. nice homes though. I'll just keep my eyes open. Do you know how the area is in east islip south of sunrise, say east and west of carleton ave?

Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,414,464 times
Islip can get a bit shady. I live in Country Village and I really like it. 400k is not impossible I got in at 390. Yes the houses need updating but the neighborhood is great, schools are better I feel.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:49 AM

63 posts, read 163,314 times
good area-

Old 03-30-2011, 08:59 AM

184 posts, read 803,559 times
I grew up in both towns and went to both schools. They are good schools but East Islip is better. There are a few less desirable sections in both but nothing crazy. The "Conlu Park" area is fine.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:48 PM

958 posts, read 1,098,939 times
East Islip Taxes are alot more than Islip. Most Conlu Park homes were built in the 50s. But Many have been greatly expanded and Well with in your budget. Some parts of conlu Park are out of the new flood zone, so you save $$$$$ there. Most if not all south of Union blvd are in the new expanded flood area.
Anything south of 27A will cost you big Tax $$$$$ And the crime rate is not any lower. Some southern areas of Islip Terrace are Wonderfull as well. Especially east of Connetquote Ave.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:03 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,575,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
East Islip Taxes are alot more than Islip. Most Conlu Park homes were built in the 50s. But Many have been greatly expanded and Well with in your budget. Some parts of conlu Park are out of the new flood zone, so you save $$$$$ there. Most if not all south of Union blvd are in the new expanded flood area.
Anything south of 27A will cost you big Tax $$$$$ And the crime rate is not any lower. Some southern areas of Islip Terrace are Wonderfull as well. Especially east of Connetquote Ave.
There isn't much IT east of Connetquot north of Sunrise. Are you referring to Great River?

Old 03-30-2011, 03:10 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,570,849 times
Default A map of the Hamlet of Islip Terrace in the Town of Islip, Suffolk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
There isn't much IT east of Connetquot north of Sunrise. Are you referring to Great River?
There isn't any IT east of Connetquot north of Sunrise.

A map of the Hamlet of Islip Terrace in the Town of Islip, Suffolk County:

The Hamlet of Islip Terrace has a different border than does the "Islip Terrace, NY 11752" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have an "Islip Terrace, NY 11752" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Islip Terrace and a place can have other than an "Islip Terrace, NY 11752" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Islip Terrace): places that have an "Islip Terrace, NY 11752" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Islip Terrace are in the Hamlet of Central Islip, the Hamlet of North Great River and the Hamlet of Bohemia; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Islip Terrace with a "Central Islip, NY 11722" mailing address.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:16 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,570,849 times
Default A map of the Hamlet of North Great River in the Town of Islip, Suffolk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
More like North Great River than Great River.

A map of the Hamlet of North Great River in the Town of Islip, Suffolk County:

North Great River is one of those many villages and hamlets on Long Island where none of the places in the community have the hamlet name in their mailing address: places in the Hamlet of North Great River have an "Islip Terrace, NY 11752" mailing address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island