Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 09:43 AM

99 posts, read 293,051 times

Advertisements

Just like the post says.I am looking for a good dermotoigist in/near Smithtown/Nesconset.We use one in Commack(I forgot name)They are horrible!! Months toget an appointment then they cancel.My wife has very fair skin and melinoma runs in the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 10:17 AM

1,725 posts, read 4,034,873 times
Dr. Weinberg on Rt.111

Old 04-05-2011, 12:27 PM

383 posts, read 664,434 times
Dr. Malerba on Rt 25

Old 04-05-2011, 01:26 PM

88 posts, read 480,704 times
Don't go to Marina Peredo. She is good at removing money from your wallet, that is it.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 PM

456 posts, read 1,428,029 times
Go to Dr. Defazio at Sloan Kettering Dermatology in Hauppauge if you have melanoma concerns. She caught something on me that TWO other dermatologists said was nothing. Fortunately I didn't buy their nonsense. Can't say enough good things about Defazio and if you're worried about skin cancer, why not go to the best?

Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM

99 posts, read 293,051 times
Thanks.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 PM

3,514 posts, read 5,695,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROFGH View Post
Just like the post says.I am looking for a good dermotoigist in/near Smithtown/Nesconset.We use one in Commack(I forgot name)They are horrible!! Months toget an appointment then they cancel.My wife has very fair skin and melinoma runs in the family.
Try Stony Brook Derm. Off 347 in Stony Brook

Old 04-05-2011, 05:55 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,699,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Try Stony Brook Derm. Off 347 in Stony Brook
They're on Belle Meade Road in Setauket.

If the OP should decide to use them, try to get an appointment with Dr Tonnensen, Dr Klein, or Dr Clark (he's doing more research now, and might not be seeing new patients, though.)

Countless doctors missed the autoimmune disease I had and Dr. Tonnensen picked it up in the first 5 minutes we were together.

Dr. Klein is great when it comes to melanoma as well as other skin issues.

Dr Clark -- I haven't seen personally in a while, but he was very involved with my case as it is somewhat rare.

One warning -- if you do have something unusual, they will ask you if you don't mind having med students on their dermo round come in. Being out-going I had no problem with anyone coming in. If I helped them learn, and in turn, they help another person with my disease, it will have been well worth it

Old 04-06-2011, 11:02 AM

3,514 posts, read 5,695,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
They're on Belle Meade Road in Setauket.

If the OP should decide to use them, try to get an appointment with Dr Tonnensen, Dr Klein, or Dr Clark (he's doing more research now, and might not be seeing new patients, though.)

Countless doctors missed the autoimmune disease I had and Dr. Tonnensen picked it up in the first 5 minutes we were together.

Dr. Klein is great when it comes to melanoma as well as other skin issues.

Dr Clark -- I haven't seen personally in a while, but he was very involved with my case as it is somewhat rare.

One warning -- if you do have something unusual, they will ask you if you don't mind having med students on their dermo round come in. Being out-going I had no problem with anyone coming in. If I helped them learn, and in turn, they help another person with my disease, it will have been well worth it
Yes you are right it is Setauket. The name of the road escaped me when I wrote the post.

I like Dr. Korzenko personally at that office.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:17 PM

400 posts, read 738,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Yes you are right it is Setauket. The name of the road escaped me when I wrote the post.

I like Dr. Korzenko personally at that office.
I agree, Dr. Korzenko is the best. He diagnosed me after I'd been to five other doctors. He's sharp, experienced, and patient. He also shares an office with Dr. Klein in the medical park on Route 347 in Port Jeff Station across from Davis Medical Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island