Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:38 PM

893 posts, read 2,864,381 times

Advertisements

Post pictures of your town, house, development, beach, malls. But dont overdose it with the beach shots. Theres barely any pictures of Long Island on here. Please include the town where the pictures are from.

Valley Stream, Nassau County

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 AM

422 posts, read 2,005,884 times
Wow, look how close the houses are next to each other. Does your TV remote control work the guy next door's television too. HAHHAHAH. NO seriously, nice picture (former Levittowner)

Old 07-24-2007, 02:09 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,868 times
"Boy the way Glen Milller played.....songs that made the Hit Parade"

I always laugh when my family from Floral Park comes "All the way the hell out to the boondocks" to Rocky Point.

They're awestruck by our sprawling 100x100 lot.

Youd think we were taking them to Montana.

Hilarious and sad at the same time.

C

Old 07-24-2007, 02:43 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Here's two of the more familiar pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures.-lie.jpeg   Post pictures.-landfill.jpeg  

Old 07-24-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
Wow, look how close the houses are next to each other. Does your TV remote control work the guy next door's television too. HAHHAHAH. NO seriously, nice picture (former Levittowner)
Its the south shore what do you expect? But its cool, everyones close to there neighbors like that.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:10 PM

563 posts, read 2,570,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
"Boy the way Glen Milller played.....songs that made the Hit Parade"

I always laugh when my family from Floral Park comes "All the way the hell out to the boondocks" to Rocky Point.

They're awestruck by our sprawling 100x100 lot.

Youd think we were taking them to Montana.

Hilarious and sad at the same time.

C
Hey C

I gotta laugh in that I can relate your family. While the pics are indeed Long Island and what I miss, I agree its hilarious and sad too. I grew up in Floral Park, also known as Mayberry and Peyton Place, as my dad referred to it when we lived there and he was a police officer. We used to visit my grandparents out in Aquebogue, the town after Riverhead. I wish I had pix to post. Beautiful back then. I remember hitting fly balls with my brother in open farm fields in between growing seasons, riding go karts and all. It was another life for us each and every weekend we visited. I remember the farmer behind him bringing us fresh produce and us walking through his fields to pick whatever we wanted. They moved out there about 19 years ago. I remember openness and very few sprawling shopping centers, except for a Caldor, a McDonalds and Cablevision's little trailer next to a giant antenna and satellite dish. A lot has changed. The farm is still behind my grandparents but all the openness is gone. I do still enjoy going out there and wish I could afford to live out there by them. This post does not do justice the pictures in my head, going to Peconic Bay with my grandmother and fishing and yes, clamming in the area. My grandfather has an acre but coming from Floral Park, with all the farm and vacant land around, it seemed like another world so I can see how 100 X 100 in Rocky Point would be splendor to your family. I dont mean to hijack the thread but I also gotta thank you. Your posts have been very informative. I stumbled across Tolland County and the surrounding towns in CT about six months ago and it comes and goes with the fiancee. Reading your posts has peaked my interest yet again. I plan to go and visit the area in the next few weeks. I am currently in Florida and since she is not keen on moving here, I am trying at all costs to get her to "let go" of Long Island so we can go somewhere else. Take care.

Joe

Old 07-24-2007, 07:15 PM

222 posts, read 892,964 times
A little more space...
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures.-backyard_2007_2.jpg  

Old 07-24-2007, 08:02 PM

Thats a huge backyard.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:18 PM

222 posts, read 892,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymel View Post
Thats a huge backyard.
It's decent especially for Nassau County. I'm on just shy of a 1/4 acre.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:49 PM

I didnt know Long Island had yards that big.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island