Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,553,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuyandGal View Post
I believe you are refering to this:

Dog survives, one robber shot dead in Long Island home gun battle

Thankfully the dog survived and will hopefully be back to full health in no time. But I've driven through East Islip and it never seemed bad enough to warrant this type of incident. Anybody think otherwise?
This is one pocket of East Islip which borders Islip Terrace and is just south of Sunrise, north of the LIRR. I wouldn't label EI bad because of this one incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,324,624 times
Nah, ignore the facts and label this a "Nice neighborhood".
Classic City-Data.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:03 AM

3,422 posts, read 5,640,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
no....
a gun owner is someone who owns a gun.

just like a car owner is someone who owns a car.
If I steal your car does that make me a car owner??? I think not.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I don't get your logic.

You say you aren't a Ferrari owner if you steal it, but if you buy it you are? If the guys bought their guns, they are "gun owners" .. what their intent is is irrelevant.

if they legally bought their guns they are gun owners....

buying on the street or under false pretenses hath not make you an owner....

If you buy a car with a fake cashiers check, it does not make you an owner of the car.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
If SCPD caught them outside the resident's property with loaded .22 rifles, arrested them and sent off to prison, are they still gun owners?
Gun owner= resident that legally owns a firearm

did these guys even have a right to own these guns? There were some felony warrants outstanding. Can the 2 survivors legally purchase guns and become gun owners after this incident?
They couldnt legally purchase guns before this incident with 2 felony warrants outstanding.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:14 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,974,423 times
How long before the bad guys file a civil suit for damages and end up owning the guy's house?! If you don't die, crime pays in this idiotic society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island