Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 06:33 AM

100 posts, read 222,613 times

Advertisements

From looking online so far I am a bit interested in South Bay in Sayville SD, Broadway Knolls and Victorian Garden in the Sachem SD and Fairfield Hills in the MC school district. I would like more info on Saddle Rock but can not seem to find much online. Does anyone know what school district my children would go to?

I prefer a nice complex near Sayville, a pool, playground and a place where 2 cats and a dog can stay. I understand thats a tall order. I currently live in Shoreham right now and am thinking I may be single pretty soon Leaving my house on a culdesac with everything the kids could ever want. The kids would have to leave their pool, trampoline, playset, ride ons, friends etc. So I want a place where they would be as comfortable as possible, where they have things for us to do.

I would hate to have to rehome the most perfect Golden Retriever ever, but I just dont know what else to do. I understand most apartments dont allow dogs over 30 - 40 lbs. Most places also dont allow 3 pets, only 2. Im in a really tough spot right now trying to make a very hard decision for my family.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I plan on going and checking into places this coming week. Oh and I know I do not want to buy again at this time bc I am not sure if this move would be permanent or temporary and would be most comfortable in a yearly lease. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 07:18 AM

3,520 posts, read 5,703,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdnywife View Post
From looking online so far I am a bit interested in South Bay in Sayville SD, Broadway Knolls and Victorian Garden in the Sachem SD and Fairfield Hills in the MC school district. I would like more info on Saddle Rock but can not seem to find much online. Does anyone know what school district my children would go to?

I prefer a nice complex near Sayville, a pool, playground and a place where 2 cats and a dog can stay. I understand thats a tall order. I currently live in Shoreham right now and am thinking I may be single pretty soon Leaving my house on a culdesac with everything the kids could ever want. The kids would have to leave their pool, trampoline, playset, ride ons, friends etc. So I want a place where they would be as comfortable as possible, where they have things for us to do.

I would hate to have to rehome the most perfect Golden Retriever ever, but I just dont know what else to do. I understand most apartments dont allow dogs over 30 - 40 lbs. Most places also dont allow 3 pets, only 2. Im in a really tough spot right now trying to make a very hard decision for my family.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I plan on going and checking into places this coming week. Oh and I know I do not want to buy again at this time bc I am not sure if this move would be permanent or temporary and would be most comfortable in a yearly lease. Thank you.
Saddle Rock Holbrook kids go to Sachem schools.
As districting currently stands, I believe either Grundy or Merrimac Elem, on to Seneca MS and then Sachem North.

Victorian Gardens is nice too, know people there. That also is in Sachem and the kids go to Tamarac Elem, then Sequoia MS and then Sachem East.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:21 AM

Thank you so much. Do you know of any nice apartments where the kids would go to Sayville? Besides South Bay on Candee Avenue.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:16 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Don't know how "nice" the apartments are, but here's another complex:

Sayville Area Apartments for Rent - Sayville Commons

and another one:

Brookwood Communities - Apartments and Luxury Townhomes in Long Island and Liverpool, New York | Brookwood Communities

Good luck!!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:32 AM

886 posts, read 2,647,354 times
My parents live in Sayville Commons and there aren't any kids except 55 yr old men who have moved back in with mommy.No....I am not one. Yet

Old 04-16-2011, 12:30 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:

First, I'm sorry to hear about your potential separation. I had a feeling about that when you posted about apartments some time ago and certain others on this board decided to pry into your posting history and write you off as a liar for having mentioned buying a house just a few years ago. Sometimes life throws these curveballs, and it sucks, so I feel for you.

Second, AGW is correct about the school districts.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:52 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue53 View Post
My parents live in Sayville Commons and there aren't any kids except 55 yr old men who have moved back in with mommy.No....I am not one. Yet

LOL thanks for the info!

Hopefully that leaves Brookwood - their website looks as though it's family oriented...

Old 04-16-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
First, I'm sorry to hear about your potential separation. I had a feeling about that when you posted about apartments some time ago and certain others on this board decided to pry into your posting history and write you off as a liar for having mentioned buying a house just a few years ago. Sometimes life throws these curveballs, and it sucks, so I feel for you.

Second, AGW is correct about the school districts.
I felt like I was being investigated LMAO.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:25 PM

3,520 posts, read 5,703,695 times
Quote:
I felt like I was being investigated LMAO.
PM me if you have any questions regarding schools in Sachem

Old 04-17-2011, 06:22 AM

929 posts, read 2,068,445 times
Saddle Rock doesn't allow animals if I remember correctly. You also have the Fairfield apartment on Lakeland Ave. The Fairfield by Bed Bath and Beyond is Connetquot SD and the Fairfield farther south is Sayville SD. There is also the Dolphin apartments or something like that on Broadway behind Sonoma Grill, which is most likely Sachem SD. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island