Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 07:35 AM

15 posts, read 80,994 times

Advertisements

Thank you to all that have responded with their thoughts and opionions. I live in a great neighboorhood and I have a home that most would dream of. We are accepted by MOST in our neighboorhood because we fit the mold of a couple that has money. Those who look at us weird are the ones that do not agree with our choice to be together or because they assume my husband must be a "drug dealer" or and an "athlete". Those people would dare not say anything to our face. The smile and keep going..lol!
What I do want to say to those racist, closed minded people who are both in upper class neighboorhoods and lower class neighborhoods, is not to judge a book by its cover. If a person can afford to live in the same neighboorhood as you do, than so be it. Take the time to get to know them, you just might be surpised.
For those of you who are open-minded and welcome diversity into your neighboor, we say thank you!!!
I posted the questions out of curiosity. Everyone was honest and I appreciate it. Race is a touchy subject, but most people are accepting. You always have the few that are not, but that is their own problem. In the end, you will be judged and it is going to be by a higher power than all of us!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:28 PM

6 posts, read 20,988 times
I live in Massapequa- Not a bunch of racists. Some very nice people here.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:07 PM

246 posts, read 1,018,970 times
You can live anywhere that you can afford. Can't believe that in this day people have to worry about that. It's just terrible.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:20 AM

652 posts, read 2,265,116 times
NBRS said:"Prime Example: Hillary Clinton. Where does she live? Chappaqua, NY. Enough said."
And that makes her a racist??? WOW...you can call her a lot of things but making that statement says a lot about you.
I think her husband...you remember him, right? I think his office is in Harlem? Nuff' said! LOL

Old 02-21-2008, 04:11 PM

706 posts, read 3,763,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybuildz View Post
NBRS said:"Prime Example: Hillary Clinton. Where does she live? Chappaqua, NY. Enough said."
And that makes her a racist??? WOW...you can call her a lot of things but making that statement says a lot about you.
I think her husband...you remember him, right? I think his office is in Harlem? Nuff' said! LOL
I don't get the Hillary Comment, however, I'm sure that Bill's Harlem office doesn't means he isn't racist.

Not saying he is racist although he benefits from it as white men do,

but his chosen office space would not be a negating factor.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaReed View Post
I don't get the Hillary Comment, however, I'm sure that Bill's Harlem office doesn't means he isn't racist.

Not saying he is racist although he benefits from it as white men do,

but his chosen office space would not be a negating factor.
How does he benefit from it? I think thats a stretch.
If one wants to speak about racism lets speak about something with some substance and facts not speculation because there's enough rancid racism to go around.
Pointing fingers at liberals as NBRES does accusing them of being racists in his blanket statement in of itself is a form of predjudice and hate. To me thats a dividing force...not what this country/world needs.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:16 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,366 times
Default Hillary is full of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybuildz View Post
How does he benefit from it? I think thats a stretch.
If one wants to speak about racism lets speak about something with some substance and facts not speculation because there's enough rancid racism to go around.
Pointing fingers at liberals as NBRES does accusing them of being racists in his blanket statement in of itself is a form of predjudice and hate. To me thats a dividing force...not what this country/world needs.
Do you really think Bill and Hillary want their little Chelsea bringing home a black boyfriend and having a little mixed-race baby?

Get real.

They play the game to get black votes, but as you can see from the recent polls that the blacks of this country prefer a real black man or at least a mixed-race mulatto over the pseudo black politicians.

If the Clinton's really believed in a non-racial America how come they sent Chelsea to a private school in Washington DC.

Most Rich White Liberals are themselves the biggest racists. They live in their exclusive neighborhoods or gated communities and have the nerve to call working class white guys like myself the racists.

Stop the hypocrisy.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
Do you really think Bill and Hillary want their little Chelsea bringing home a black boyfriend and having a little mixed-race baby?

Get real.

They play the game to get black votes, but as you can see from the recent polls that the blacks of this country prefer a real black man or at least a mixed-race mulatto over the pseudo black politicians.

If the Clinton's really believed in a non-racial America how come they sent Chelsea to a private school in Washington DC.

Most Rich White Liberals are themselves the biggest racists. They live in their exclusive neighborhoods or gated communities and have the nerve to call working class white guys like myself the racists.

Stop the hypocrisy.
Once again you show your true predjudices and hatrid with absolutly nothing to back yourself up.
Chelsea Clinton went to a "QUAKER" private school "Sidewell", to be exact which is a Friends school if you're at all familiar with that type of education.
Its very diverse and has GREAT ethics!!!
Over 38% of the kids are of color...
Do your homework and stop spewing ignorant hatrid. Thats not what we need on this planet. You're giving the right wing a bad name. Even they laugh at these kinds inuendos you spew...lol
Sidwell Friends School: About SFS » School Philosophy (http://www.sidwell.edu/about_sfs/philosophy.asp - broken link)
Sidwell Friends School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <--Check the Notable alumni
Also...if you simply think Obama is winning because of black people you're mistaken...it's because he knows how to reach out to ALL people!!
He knows how to unite people - not seperate them as you seem to take so much time in trying to do because you certainly aren't educating anyone with your non-factual rants.
Ta ta
Be well : )
andy

Old 02-23-2008, 12:03 PM

245 posts, read 298,585 times
Default Theoretically...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexusbella32 View Post
Thank you Clamboy for your advice. It is a shame that the question has to be asked, but this is the world we live in.
Theoretically, it doesn't need to be asked. Frankly, other than in some working class towns here (and I can't imaging too many of them) I can't believe there would be much problem with this much of anywhere on LI.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:44 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Here's the deal..... most "white" communities are not 'accepting' of a black family moving in. An interracial couple? That's even worse (according to them).

A white woman I used to know was married to a black man. They both had good jobs, made a lot of money and could more than afford the home they purchased in a "white" community. Well, the neighbors accused them of being "drug dealers", they called them names (salt & pepper, dalmation, oreo, etc). One night, someone threw something through their livingroom window. They called the police. They were out front talking to the police and one of the cops suddenly screamed MOVE IT/GET DOWN.....and shoved them aside as he was yelling in his radio for back up. Someone had put a makeshift "bomb" under one of their cars.

So much for 'acceptance'. This was about 15 years ago. I don't know if much has changed since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island