U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 05:31 PM

8,162 posts, read 14,118,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Reread my post, putz, I quoted twingles, not you. Wow, Mittsubishi too? I am impressed. I am sure you banged many girls in the Niagara Falls area too.
If you want to quote Weird Science thats cool but calling me a liar...is far fetched. Mistubishi had a flaw in their picture in picture setup and I realized it when I bought their 35" CRT tv in 1994. I called corporate headquarters, told them i'd draw up a redesign for the 2 inputs and signed a non disclosure/non patent agreement. 6 weeks later and after the lawyers signed off on everything, I was paid. Their old setup was based on 2 VHF inputs with a built in pass through which led to interference. My design implemented a 2 way splitter feeding and an alternate AV jack feed. You can't change my history or the facts. I don't have to create illusions or exaggerate and I never pull punches.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-26-2011, 05:48 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,984,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
My friends and I were all Brooklyn, Bronx, and Queens people who moved to the island in our early years but frequently visit. I am a military veteran who is well travelled in and out of the states and my friends do value my opinion on restaurants. I used to bring samples back and still deal with some out of state restaurants that will ship overnight to me in dry ice. Whether it's BBQ, curry, pizza, or many other edibles; I have my opinions and apparently the people that I grew up with care what I think. Most that decided to settle in Nassau did so because of the proximity to the city.
Thank you for your military service. I am sure your friends do care what you say about food.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:51 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,984,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
If you want to quote Weird Science thats cool but calling me a liar...is far fetched. Mistubishi had a flaw in their picture in picture setup and I realized it when I bought their 35" CRT tv in 1994. I called corporate headquarters, told them i'd draw up a redesign for the 2 inputs and signed a non disclosure/non patent agreement. 6 weeks later and after the lawyers signed off on everything, I was paid. Their old setup was based on 2 VHF inputs with a built in pass through which led to interference. My design implemented a 2 way splitter feeding and an alternate AV jack feed. You can't change my history or the facts. I don't have to create illusions or exaggerate and I never pull punches.
Lighten up. It was "The Breakfast Club" BTW. Nice work on the redesign. My Dad invented the question mark.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:34 PM

21,290 posts, read 32,258,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Lighten up. It was "The Breakfast Club" BTW. Nice work on the redesign. My Dad invented the question mark.
OMG. LMAO. stop.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:45 PM

16,408 posts, read 31,334,596 times
Where is the "weasel" who started this all?

Hey Clarkstreet ... where are ya buddy???

Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 PM

5,997 posts, read 9,209,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Becoming? I have noticed this trend for awhile, although there are a few former LI residents whose posts on the LI forum are gracious enough. And Tarheel means from more than NC for sure when it comes to trolling!

However, the saddest of the sad have to be the people that live on LI, yet would prefer to be somewhere else and hate LI and its other inhabitants. What pathetic lives they lead.
Easy now... I resemble that remark.

<3

Does the OP really live in VA?

Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 PM

4,979 posts, read 8,418,105 times
Weasel, what ever do you mean?

I missed fishing on Long Island and just figured this was the closest I could get.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,840,207 times
one great thing about moving to Suffolk from Nassau is you can park in the street facing the wrong direction in residential neighborhoods and not get a ticket ! Try that in Nassau.
The only time I regret moving east is when I drive back from upstate NY or New Jersey. When I pass my old exit on the LIE , I always say to myself "I would be home now"...

Old 04-26-2011, 07:26 PM

8,547 posts, read 19,943,593 times
Okaaaaaaaay. Thread closed for mod review.

Please try not to get overly inulting (even if kidding) or personal with each other. It is against the ToS for this forum.
Thanks.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island