Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Hey man I been there plenty of times. My kids dig it I don't. I had a burger that I didn't finish and brought home for the dog.....he didn't like it either. Do you know what I'm saying
um...that's great.

Fact remains that a bunch of people getting excited for a new chain restaurant has nothing to do with LI's culinary choices or the overall "culture" of its residents.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:58 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
It's almost impossible to find great food anywhere on this island

If people get excited by Sonic and wait 5 hours.....it does say something about your culinary choices....I'm just sayin

As of 2008 there were 2,850,000 people in Nassau & Suffolk County.

What percentage of them do you believe were truly 'excited' about the opening of Sonic?

.5%?
1%?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:06 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
It's interesting to visit other cd forums and observe how much happier and kindhearted those users are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
um...that's great.

Fact remains that a bunch of people getting excited for a new chain restaurant has nothing to do with LI's culinary choices or the overall "culture" of its residents.

Quote:
ridiculous statement. and your whole post is full of narrow minded generalizations. Good job!
SIB,

I was just playing and see who the first one I'd hook with my sonic statement. People on the forum are so sensitive I type the same rubbish any other place they laugh or blow it off like adults should.

People complain about the Island all the time but if I say something they do a complete 180 and attack me and forget about the non-stop complaining and bashing they been doing for years.. It's quite funny to see.

Kind of like "do what I say not what I do " in a weird way like "don't type what I write unless your in my shoes"

P.S. What kind of dog wouldn't eat cooked ground beef

Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
SIB,

I was just playing and see who the first one I'd hook with my sonic statement. People on the forum are so sensitive I type the same rubbish any other place they laugh or blow it off like adults should.
maybe you should grow up? Adults don't get their kicks by baiting people on internet forums. Again, your behavior says more about you than the responses you're getting.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
For me it's all eastern Suffolk and manhattan, I have no use for the area west of William Floyd parkway and east of the east river. It's crowded, esthetically unpleasing, dirty, the people are generally miserable and aggressive. Adults excited about a 900 calorie hot dog from sonic, DISGUSTING!
It's almost impossible to find great food anywhere on this island, but yet in manhattan it's abundant.
I happen to agree with the OP, most of LI is barfworthy. And frankly the petty, juvenile topics started on this forum to bash other active users are a true telling of the mentality of LIers. It gives people a venue to say what they are really thinking. It's interesting to visit other cd forums and observe how much happier and kindhearted those users are.
Oh yeah...eastern suffolk is just wonderful..I agree whole heartedly..the beautiful hamlets of Mastic and Shirley and the wonderful cuisine that sprouts from that area is legendary.

I can see you are a true fine diner. You know that hot dogs are bad for you...and that alfalfa sprouts, locally grown of course, and tofu are just what everyone craves.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,383 times
Quote:
maybe you should grow up? Adults don't get their kicks by baiting people on internet forums. Again, your behavior says more about you than the responses you're getting.
I love it...there will be plenty of more bashers to follow. It's early

Old 04-28-2011, 08:23 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
New York City is a cosmopolitan and immigrant city...the majority of the people who live there are not originally from the NY metro area. The people who set the trends there..the "hipsters", are also usuailly not from this area.

People from LI are the opposite..the majority are people whose families have lived in the metro area for generations. We are the "townies". A lot of people here not only are stubborn in their ways, it seems they would PURPOSELY eat bad food just to **** off hipsters. It's kinda of a minor reflection of the redneck mentality that goes on between south and north.

"....I know I look like a moron and a racist driving around with a Confederate flag on my pickup, but dang it, if it pisses off some Yankee, it's worth it!!"

Of course I'm exaggerating but I'm not that far off from the knee jerk reactionary way I've seen people behave.

I've spent my entire life on LI. About half of my friends growing up here now are NYC hipsters, so I'm exposed to both sides. They and their hipster non LI friends are extremely nose in the air about all things LI. They act like LI is Kentucky or something. When I'm around them, I'm the person calling them pretentious d-bags.

That being said, I do think that LIers are way more closed minded than I can make sense of...why do we not have better variety and quality of food with all the money, population and proximity to NYC? Because too many people are content eating friggin Chicken Parmagana every weekend? I mean, red sauce Italian has to get boring to some of you after awhile. And what the hell is with Italian Americans calling sauce gravy?

A place like Crickets in Sayville I've heard people rave about as a good family place to eat..this place sucks. Have any of you eaten in restaurants on the West Coast? Every diner type place you go to has decent, fresh food made from scratch, and it's reasonably priced. Here, anything of quality seems to cost an arm and a leg. There is no in between. It isn't that way in many parts of the country.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Generic random Rocky Point comment.

Crooks

Old 04-28-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I love it...there will be plenty of more bashers to follow. It's early
yup, you have all day to engage in more baiting and fake arguments.

You're clearly living it up down there! I don't know if I could handle that much fun...

Old 04-28-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
And what the hell is with Italian Americans calling sauce gravy?
in general, when the sauce has meat in it it's referred to as gravy. Just a way to distinguish it from plain/marinara...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island