Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
it says that some people like Sonic. Plenty of other people don't.

Trying to make something more of it says more about you than it does about the people who like Sonic.

Wow, that's NOT a narrow-minded generalization

I'm so glad you choose to grace us with your wisdom here on CD while you wait for your Mensa membership to arrive.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Oh yeah...eastern suffolk is just wonderful..I agree whole heartedly..the beautiful hamlets of Mastic and Shirley and the wonderful cuisine that sprouts from that area is legendary.

I can see you are a true fine diner. You know that hot dogs are bad for you...and that alfalfa sprouts, locally grown of course, and tofu are just what everyone craves.
I'll gladly keep Mastic and Shirley, you can keep North amityville, farmingville, north bayshore, bellport, brentwood, CI, copaige, freeport, Roosevelt, hempstead, uniondale, new cassel, elmont, (i can go on if you'd like) plus all of queens and brooklyn thats a fair trade.
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts you and I do not enjoy the same (fine) dining establishments, although I'd honestly LOVE to know how you can see that about me. Let's play a little game shall we? List the last five fine dining experiences you had and I will too and we can compare.

Daniel, East 65th, NYC two weeks ago-happens to be on the newest list of the worlds best restaurants, albeit down three spots from last year
Jojo east64th NYC for my birthday
Luce and Hawkins, jamesport
Pierre's, bridgehampton
BLT Steak, east 57th, NYC

Oddly, I do not remember eating alfalfa sprouts or hot dogs at any of these establishments.
Your turn

Old 04-28-2011, 02:12 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
I'll gladly keep Mastic and Shirley, you can keep North amityville, farmingville, north bayshore, bellport, brentwood, CI, copaige, freeport, Roosevelt, hempstead, uniondale, new cassel, elmont, (i can go on if you'd like) plus all of queens and brooklyn thats a fair trade.
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts you and I do not enjoy the same (fine) dining establishments, although I'd honestly LOVE to know how you can see that about me. Let's play a little game shall we? List the last five fine dining experiences you had and I will too and we can compare.

Daniel, East 65th, NYC two weeks ago-happens to be on the newest list of the worlds best restaurants, albeit down three spots from last year
Pierre's, bridgehampton

Oddly, I do not remember eating alfalfa sprouts or hot dogs at any of these establishments.
Your turn

Well aren't you fancy?

Old 04-28-2011, 02:14 PM

186 posts, read 713,457 times
Quote:
For me it's all eastern Suffolk and manhattan, I have no use for the area west of William Floyd parkway and east of the east river. It's crowded, esthetically unpleasing, dirty, the people are generally miserable and aggressive. Adults excited about a 900 calorie hot dog from sonic, DISGUSTING!
It's almost impossible to find great food anywhere on this island, but yet in manhattan it's abundant.
I happen to agree with the OP, most of LI is barfworthy. And frankly the petty, juvenile topics started on this forum to bash other active users are a true telling of the mentality of LIers. It gives people a venue to say what they are really thinking. It's interesting to visit other cd forums and observe how much happier and kindhearted those users are.
Wow, you're exactly what you're bashing....

Old 04-28-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
It's almost impossible to find great food anywhere on this island

If people get excited by Sonic and wait 5 hours.....it does say something about your culinary choices....I'm just sayin
Are you really this illogical in real life, or just pretend to be an idiot on the Internet?

Old 04-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Pierre's, bridgehampton

Your turn
Wait, wait hold on... I'm trying to see where your point is...

Oops, can't find it.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:29 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,482 times
Why all the bitterness? No one here is telling anyone else where to eat or inviting anyone else to dine with them (thank goodness). Some people like Manhattan, some people like Nassau, some people like out east. So what? Seriously. What's the big deal?

Everyone can act all tough and/or trollish when they're hiding behind the anonymity of a screen name, I guess.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:34 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Why all the bitterness? No one here is telling anyone else where to eat or inviting anyone else to dine with them (thank goodness). Some people like Manhattan, some people like Nassau, some people like out east. So what? Seriously. What's the big deal?

Everyone can act all tough and/or trollish when they're hiding behind the anonymity of a screen name, I guess.
You bet your tush I can. I've got all kinds of really big things going on behind this keyboard.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonPhishn View Post
Wait, wait hold on... I'm trying to see where your point is...

Oops, can't find it.
You can play the fine dining game with us if you'd like Gonphishn, but remember the number one rule-just because you leave with a paper crown that says King on it, it doesn't make it fine dining.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:38 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
YouTube - The new phonebook's here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island