Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 05:55 AM

879 posts, read 1,953,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
God forbid children not have their organized, for profit, athletic activities. What ever happened to telling johnie to go out and play...oh wait, this is the island of play dates now
wow seriously? so music lessons, dance lessons, martial arts...why bother when the kids could be sitting on the corner poking ant hills with a stick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 08:49 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,413,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
why bother when the kids could be sitting on the corner poking ant hills with a stick?
Yeah, those were the good old days. A favorite past-time of mine was digging in the dirt. I used to get a spoon from my mother's kitchen drawer and use it to dig in the dirt in the 'alley way' between my house and my next door neighbor's house (I grew up in an 'Archie Bunker' type of house in Queens hence the alley ways between them). Whenever I came across a worm, I'd use the spoon to cut it in half and then watch it slither away in two different directions. Gross I know but it amused me as a little girl! Can you tell I wasn't a 'girly' girl?!!!

Old 05-03-2011, 06:50 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,007,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Yeah, those were the good old days. A favorite past-time of mine was digging in the dirt. I used to get a spoon from my mother's kitchen drawer and use it to dig in the dirt in the 'alley way' between my house and my next door neighbor's house (I grew up in an 'Archie Bunker' type of house in Queens hence the alley ways between them). Whenever I came across a worm, I'd use the spoon to cut it in half and then watch it slither away in two different directions. Gross I know but it amused me as a little girl! Can you tell I wasn't a 'girly' girl?!!!
I wonder what you do with the "worms" you come across today.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 AM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,413,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
I wonder what you do with the "worms" you come across today.
Now I back up a few feet and yell for my husband!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island