Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2011, 06:59 PM

407 posts, read 828,879 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone, New to this forum, hope I'm posting this in the right area. The other day I was driving down the William Floyd Pkwy and saw signs stating "public notice" along the entering ramp to the expressway heading West. Anyone have any idea whats happening here? Been curious. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 AM

157 posts, read 458,045 times
I think i saw some information about this in Newsday. They said it will be a new "development", but it was scaled down compared to the original ideas (they always seem to be scaled down).

It will have some living space, retail and alot of office space, as they are trying to work with BNL who has stated they want more office space.

Sounds like it could be a good fit, but it is very early on. You wont see construction for years, IF it goes through.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 AM

208 posts, read 492,217 times
Developers Clutter it up some more way don"t you!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:05 PM

407 posts, read 828,879 times
Thank you, I saw a article on the development this morning in Newsday too! Should be interesting if it goes though or not

Old 05-10-2011, 02:48 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,393 times
I think this is what you're looking for - The Meadows at Yaphank

Article in Newsday too, I heard, but I don't get that paper.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:58 PM

208 posts, read 492,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
I think this is what you're looking for - The Meadows at Yaphank

Article in Newsday too, I heard, but I don't get that paper.
What a Joke know matter how hard you try Long island won"t be Like Florida Another Rural Area Gone

I don"t understand why Pepole think Florida is So great anyway Nothing but a bunch of Old Pepole who Complain about everything

Old 05-11-2011, 09:01 AM

732 posts, read 1,735,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar99 View Post
I don"t understand why Pepole think Florida is So great anyway Nothing but a bunch of Old Pepole who Complain about everything
Florida is where the Long Island complainers go when they get old.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:22 AM

270 posts, read 964,598 times
We used to live over there in those condos right next to that land, if it's the plot of land I'm thinking of......right next to colonial woods/whispering pines condos? Ah, yes, just checked out the meadows at yaphank website, that is it. We moved in in 2004 and they were talking back then of some kind of mall with a movie theater..... anyway, nothing has ever gotten done and there have been a few different developers that have owned that land, with nothing ever getting started......LOL I think there are alot of issues as to why nothings gotten done. One of the things i had heard when i lived there was something about some turtles living in there! Plus they have to work it out with the development right next door, since they would both be using the same main road in and out. Yikes! glad I don't live there anymore....LOL

PS- we moved out last year, six years after moving in, and still......nothing started yet....LOL

actually i think they have been talking about building on that land years before we even lived there.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,345,145 times
I remember when that land was Par Meadows. It will be empty for a long time to come, IMO.
Took these pics Saturday.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: