Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2011, 10:09 PM

51 posts, read 107,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
That is very true. I do not discrimate against Latin Americans. I will hire illegals from any country. They know how to do a days work for a days pay. They are the future of America.
Wow, on another topic you advise to obey the law.....and here you post this? Spare me the hypocrisy
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 04:32 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
no offense to people in the business but pro painters I got quotes from were outrageous... I realize they have to make a living, but I'm not paying the price of a small car to paint the house. I got it done by "handymen" for literally half the price and decently too. It's no professional job but it'll do considering it's the whole house we couldn't do ourselves. They didn't take any longer, just didn't do things like take off the window locks before painting the trim, etc.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:39 PM

5 posts, read 8,898 times
Thank you all for your recommendations. I found a company that I am probably going with. The price is reasonable & they are willing to do the work fast, which is something I really need. Husband and I are deciding tomorrow after one more estimate.

They seem good - I'll report back after the work is done of course!

precisionpaintingplus.net

Old 05-22-2011, 08:11 PM

401 posts, read 944,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandlover View Post
Thank you all for your recommendations. I found a company that I am probably going with. The price is reasonable & they are willing to do the work fast, which is something I really need. Husband and I are deciding tomorrow after one more estimate.

I am also looking for a painter. Can you give me a rough estimate as to what they quoted you? I have never done this, so I don't know what to expect. My house is roughly 1500 square feet. I would just like to know what my approximate goal is, financially. Thanks.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:51 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAILNY111 View Post
Wow, on another topic you advise to obey the law.....and here you post this? Spare me the hypocrisy
I did obey the law. Im not a business and do not have to document an employees citizenship.

Please stick to the original topic..which was that your son was guilty and you wanted to bail him out again.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:12 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAILNY111 View Post
I have nothing against people who come to this country who want to work. However, keep in mind that when you hire illegals who earn money to take it to their country, you are contributing to the deficit here and taking a job away from an American. Charity begins at home and we are in no position to be charitable right now. Remember that when you pay your health insurance bill. And to the person who stated they are the future of America, this will be part of America's inevitable demise if things don't change. Same thing goes for when you shop at places like Wal mart, things made overseas by children who get less than a dollar a week in wages. We're doomed.
Not to mention, hire someone without worker's comp and they get hurt on your property, your homeowner's ain't gonna foot the bill. They have an exlcusion in the policy for covering anyone who SHOULD have WC. If they don't, it becomes your problem if you're sued.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
If I owned my own house I'd insist that it be painted with a professional result and you'll only get that result by having a professional do it. I've been a painter for over 35 years and I've seen it all, LOL!

Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 PM

283 posts, read 581,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandlover View Post

they painted my entire house, did all moldings, new doors , outlets etc
fantastic job, we are thrilled with them, great price too by far!

Old 05-27-2011, 12:07 AM

51 posts, read 107,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I did obey the law. Im not a business and do not have to document an employees citizenship.

Please stick to the original topic..which was that your son was guilty and you wanted to bail him out again.

You just keep talking BS and expecting to be taken seriously? ASSume nothing and do us all a favor. And as long as you are hiring illegals you are part of the problem

Old 05-27-2011, 03:04 PM

5 posts, read 8,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommyq View Post
they painted my entire house, did all moldings, new doors , outlets etc
fantastic job, we are thrilled with them, great price too by far!
They really are great! I'll be sending them customers in the future I'm sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island