Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:21 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,675,202 times

Advertisements

I guess they see easy prey on the North Shore.
"It must be safe here...with all the taxes we pay blah blah blah"

Parents have been lulled into a false sense of security.
Everyones too busy working to pay any attention to their kids.
Coram has become breeding ground for level 3 sex offenders.
WTFLI?

Suffolk man robs broke teens and molests girl - - [domain blocked due to spam]

I am so glad I'm leaving.
LI is no better than NYC in the creep dept ....it just pays much more for its cops.

C

Last edited by clamboy; 08-03-2007 at 05:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 04:29 PM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,920,751 times
Believe me you are going to feel much better in a year - at least about moving off the Island - you will read these threads and say WOW I am glad I am Outta there cant believe it stressed me out so much. gl

B

Old 08-03-2007, 04:30 PM

I read Newsday now and it seems like some war zone in another country -

Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BovinaCowHateWindTurbines View Post
Believe me you are going to feel much better in a year - at least about moving off the Island - you will read these threads and say WOW I am glad I am Outta there cant believe it stressed me out so much. gl

B
Thanks for the encouragement.

Manhunts on thursday.... choppers over head.
What is this ...Compton?

I gotta get outta here and I dont wanna hear a damn thing about a few bad apples.

This place is rotten to the core and everybody knows it deep down inside but its familar...so I guess theres comfort in that.

I dont get it....if its not taxes its cancer, if its not cancer its a floating LNG bomb in the Sound or Illegal Aliens... now kid touchers in my back yard.

Whats next.....Locusts?

Rats?

Thanks for letting me vent.

C

Last edited by bellafinzi; 08-03-2007 at 06:56 PM..

Old 08-03-2007, 04:41 PM

No problem I only even visit the LI threads to well see if I can relate and help someone and also to validate my exodus - but the grass is not always greener (lol) hence my name - but its all good for now - never happier - I've lost all that stress from living on Long Island (On LI Not In Folks! lol) Basically as people say weddings and funerals and family are the only reasons to go back --

gl

Last edited by BovinaCowHateWindTurbines; 08-03-2007 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: grammers

Old 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM

Also packing is good therapy get packin!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:08 PM

553 posts, read 1,934,280 times
17 year old was stabbed and died in ronkonkoma did you see that one,they think it was a gang he was not a gang member he was just trying to help a friend who was getting beaten from older men.I know exactly where this happened I eat at the burger king the kid walked to and died. it is terrable here but people just bury there head in the sand because it is not directly in there nieghborhood most of the time. but you know what I have kids one is seventeen he drives all over who is to stop some ms13 a**hole from stabbing him because he sticks up for a friend. I cant take it anymore now there is a seventeen year old dead for no reason. How about the jerks who shot the kid not long ago that was right by my house on the road outside my development where little kids and people walk all the time and these morons are shooting a gun out of a car window they couldve killed more.and this is a very good area. And the damn child molesters are you kidding me those freaks should be shot on site.they are creeping in everywhere.I hope it is better for you in con clamboy I dont know where you are cow but from you sig I would think somewhere far in the country probably mid west but dont have false security there are freaks all over and the country has more then there share of molesters and serial killers,just easier for them to abduct when no one is around.be safe

Old 08-03-2007, 05:16 PM

It's insane I think it surpasses the city correct me if I am wrong - people all live or think they live in safe pockets but they are surrounded by danger in many ways - I'm ok we have our ways don't worry

Old 08-03-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
17 year old was stabbed and died in ronkonkoma did you see that one,they think it was a gang he was not a gang member he was just trying to help a friend who was getting beaten from older men.I know exactly where this happened I eat at the burger king the kid walked to and died. it is terrable here but people just bury there head in the sand because it is not directly in there nieghborhood most of the time. but you know what I have kids one is seventeen he drives all over who is to stop some ms13 a**hole from stabbing him because he sticks up for a friend. I cant take it anymore now there is a seventeen year old dead for no reason. How about the jerks who shot the kid not long ago that was right by my house on the road outside my development where little kids and people walk all the time and these morons are shooting a gun out of a car window they couldve killed more.and this is a very good area. And the damn child molesters are you kidding me those freaks should be shot on site.they are creeping in everywhere.I hope it is better for you in con clamboy I dont know where you are cow but from you sig I would think somewhere far in the country probably mid west but dont have false security there are freaks all over and the country has more then there share of molesters and serial killers,just easier for them to abduct when no one is around.be safe
Fortunately or sadly CT is a Death Penalty state.

There are creeps everywhere....look at that family in Cheshire.

I too felt bad about that stabbing but lets be honest.
News 12 is starting to sound lke Channel2 during the Dinkins years.

I feel safer in most of the City these days than I would in CI/Brentwood/Hempstead/Wyandanch/Patchogue and now Ronkonkoma.

MS13 are some bad Mofos.
SCPD Undereducated,overpaid and ill equipped to deal with real crime.

Sad but true.

C

Old 08-03-2007, 05:40 PM

553 posts, read 1,934,280 times
I hear you. portion road all the way to farmingville loaded with ms13. I hear greenport is bad also. you are right you feel safer in some parts of the city. sorry I went on rant before but times have changed when I was young kids had fights and got a black eye now they shoot and stab and beat each other to death. It all is sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island