Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 10:15 AM

36 posts, read 146,119 times

Advertisements

Just want to give folks a heads up on this firm out of Manorville.

They replaced the roof and gutters on my neighbors house across the street from me. They did a nice job, it all looks good.
Last Thursday they finished the work for the day, including some gutter installation. After dinner I went outside to have a smoke and my neighbor was out looking at her roof. As we were talking I looked in the street and saw a sorts of aluminum pieces from them triming the gutter pieces. After talking to the neighbor, I grabbed a push broom from my shed and swept up the street.
Our street is a dead end with a very short walk thru to another road which is an easy way for folks to walk to the loacal supermarket and other areas without having to walk along Route 25. Also, not only mine, but other kids ride their bikes, scotters, etc on the dead end as it is "safe" from any traffic. I could see one of them wiping out and getting hurt.

The next day they show back up to complete the job and I talk to one of the workers who appeared to be in charge. I explained to him what I found in the street and that kids play on the dead end and a lot of folks walk thru. He apologed and said that the guy doing the gutter trimming in the street should have cleaned up. He said that he will make sure it doesn't happen again.
So I figure that the issue is finished and go off to work. I get home that afternoon and they are still working. I get out of the Jeep and look around for a minute, everything looks fine.

They once again pack up and leave a little later. After dinner the kids ask if they can go ride their bikes, so I open the shed and let them go on to the dead end. I walk out with them and find all sorts of aluminum bits from gutter trimming not in the street but in my driveway. Not happy. I look in front of my jeep and I find a couple of roofing nails in the road.

Anyway, just be aware of this firm and the way they leave the area around where they work.
Since there are several firms that have similar names, I am aslo posting below a Pix of one of their trucks so all will know which one it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Pro-Line Roofing & Chimneys-img_4310.jpg  

Last edited by Tony V; 06-04-2011 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 AM

863 posts, read 2,100,039 times
Wow you really need help. You clearly stated you got out and things look fine, so maybe things got blown when they cleaned up. Look I am as anal about my neighborhood as anyone and make sure my street is clean and such but if you said they did a bad job or screwed your neighbor I can understand but things can fall out and fly in different directions when people are working. The guy was polite and agreed to clean it up so I doubt they did it out of malice but you may prevent a man that needs a job from getting it. Pat yourself on the back buddy.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:41 PM

126 posts, read 520,226 times
OMG, are you serious! i can't believe someone that was doing work outside allowed for some debri to escape into the street and much less onto the neighbor's driveway. Instead of posting that here, why don't you call the police as they were clearly endangering the wellfare of a child........
and yet another intolerant Long Islander.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:05 PM

863 posts, read 2,100,039 times
Default Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacike View Post
OMG, are you serious! i can't believe someone that was doing work outside allowed for some debri to escape into the street and much less onto the neighbor's driveway. Instead of posting that here, why don't you call the police as they were clearly endangering the wellfare of a child........
and yet another intolerant Long Islander.
I love it. I mean that person runs a business and rather than talk about he business he talks about silly little things and he even said the area was fine when he got out soe it must have blown. Man some people have a lot of time. He probably cuts his grass twice or three times a week.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:34 PM

36 posts, read 146,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
Wow you really need help. You clearly stated you got out and things look fine, so maybe things got blown when they cleaned up. Look I am as anal about my neighborhood as anyone and make sure my street is clean and such but if you said they did a bad job or screwed your neighbor I can understand but things can fall out and fly in different directions when people are working. The guy was polite and agreed to clean it up so I doubt they did it out of malice but you may prevent a man that needs a job from getting it. Pat yourself on the back buddy.
Naw...you read it wrong... the day before I spoke to them and they said that it would not happen again....it was the next day I found the mess in my driveway and the nails in front of my truck....all of which I cleaned up..
FWIW, the second day they were doing the gutter cutting on the neighbors walk way so these pecices had to travel across the street and into my driveway...So, yup...I think that there was malice there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: