Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:54 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Its Dangerous to your health and its prove , if you want to smoke due it at home.
It's dangerous to smoke, and poses a small risk if you're regularly in poorly ventilated rooms that are saturated with smoke, such as a bar (before the bans anyhow). There's no danger in a whiff of smoke on a train platform, that's just wussies not wanting to be inconvenienced in some small way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 08:57 AM

752 posts, read 1,462,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
It's dangerous to smoke, and poses a small risk if you're regularly in poorly ventilated rooms that are saturated with smoke, such as a bar (before the bans anyhow). There's no danger in a whiff of smoke on a train platform, that's just wussies not wanting to be inconvenienced in some small way.
smoking on platforms is just wussies that cant wait for a train for a few minutes without the almighty nicotine...same wussies that smoke in the car with the kids in the back because they cant go to the store without smoking a butt.
it takes strength to leave it behind and not subject other people to your nasty habit.
the wussies are the ones that cant quit.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:03 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
Im wussified by perfume on the lirr. It,s unhealthy to people with allergies and other sensitivities. Women who wear perfume should be forced into separate cars. Why should i be offended...if you want to smell like a coconut,do it in your house

Old 06-19-2011, 09:04 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
You dirty smokers, look what you're doing to our clean air!

Old 06-19-2011, 09:07 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
Too bad there isnt smellovision yet. Id like to post what a subway train is like on ahot day...oh,it cant be worse than a whiff of smoke..can it?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:10 AM

1,615 posts, read 3,581,218 times
Quote:
Oh shut up , i was tired when i typed that. Being a Wise ass is bad for your health....
Q: What's the maximum effective range of an excuse?
A: 0 Meters

Old 06-19-2011, 12:37 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Im wussified by perfume on the lirr. It,s unhealthy to people with allergies and other sensitivities. Women who wear perfume should be forced into separate cars. Why should i be offended...if you want to smell like a coconut,do it in your house
I agree, I too am allergic to perfume, cigarette smoke (if excessive) and scented candles.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:11 PM

22,188 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
As evidenced in previous posts New York is already the least free of all states.

Let go all the way comrades.
Ahh yes, I trust a group that lobbies against regulations involving the amount of arsenic allowed in drinking water over what is a "free" state and what isn't....

I personally see both sides of the issue, but have no qualms about the law. I don't smoke and while I can see why those who do are upset over the issue, second hand smoke is not some made up thing either. While its certainly more dangerous to be inside somewhere with a smoker than outside, having smokers in a fairly enclosed space with a ton of people close to one another certainly is a bit of a health hazard especially when its day in and day out (even when this occurs outside).

Old 06-19-2011, 05:26 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Oh shut up , i was tired when i typed that. Being a Wise ass is bad for your health....
Not on here it isn't.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:39 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
Give me the eaters and drinkers any day anytime even on St. Pats day. The platform is so small and when you're not a smoker and you cannot escape it because its' blowing in your face from all directions you will favor a ban like me. It's rude and insane for them to be smoking there and having it blow in your face like that. I know some people will say the trains are dirty and the drinkers are loud but that's why we pay a train cleaner probably $35-50hr(just assumptions based on people I know that work for nyc transit) and the drinkers are only doing harm to themselves. I like my life and second hand smoke is worse than those two activities combined.
I'm with you. Unless someone vomits in my lap or pees on my shoes, they aren't bothering me by eating or drinking. Second-hand smoke, however, is a known carcinogen and irritant. It certainly gives me a raging headache and causes all kinds of problems with my contacts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island