Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:28 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbat hunter View Post
I have seen all to many smokers toss their butts on the tracks or just put them out on the platform. The ones on the track can cause fires if there is any other debris around, not to mention general unsightliness of butts strewn around on the tracks and platforms.
That is on top of the possible health issues.
Are you also concerned about the danger of commuters slipping on spilled beverages in the cars or are you just using the tossed butt excuse to validate your anti-smoking agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 09:36 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,482 times
Well,maybe next we can get a ban on Fridays Hamptons travellers packing commuter trains with their handtrucks full of wine (because there's no booze east of Queens) and the same people sprawled across several seats on their return trips on Mondays....and maybe a ban on the babbling yentas that go into Manhattan on Wednesdays to see a matinee and feel the need to prattle on incessantly in their self-important ignorance that not everyone cares about their day.

I mean, if the governor cares so much about everyones' tender sensibilities, what about MINE?

Oh, that's right...the universe DOESN'T revolve around me and everyone else DOES have rights as long as they do not maliciously cause me harm. Huh....who'd have thunk it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island