Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:25 PM

3 posts, read 6,785 times

Advertisements

I lived for a yeari Fairfield Knolls in Port Jeff Sta....nice pool, nice exercise room,Windows in second br leaked and we couldnever get them fixed, but they looked great!heavy rain came in and during the snowy winter it felt like that window was open with the wind blowing through....Ill let you know if we get our security...they keep it for,at least 60 days after you move out.....They also swont talk with you about when you might recieve it or if there were any deductions for any thing, so after reading all the horror stories on line,Im expecting the worst...I should know by October 1st. I also tried to schedule a walk through with someone in case they had any issues, but that was impossible...no cooperation at all....I took a video before I left
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 07:17 PM

93 posts, read 139,684 times
Default Beware of Roaches

My first apartment was with Fairfield in Brentwood about 33 yrs ago, I was not happy with their roaches, and their promise of monthly exterminator visits, they did have many issues.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:44 PM

481 posts, read 1,060,276 times
My hubby and I lived in a Fairfield apt in Bohemia for two years back in the mid-nineties. Our experience was interesting. First, before we even moved in, our neighbors below us were complaining that our TV (which wasn't yet there) was on too loud and too late. This complaint resurfaced months later when we were in (I received the complaint letter from management). Fact was, hubby and I worked such long hours that we often were in bed by 9pm (even on New Years Eve, lol). Eventually my fantom TV made the couple move to another apt.
Next thing, another neighbor told us that before we moved in, a 96 yo woman passed away in our apt and she wasn't found for three weeks (and she had cats, oy).

Anyhow, we did like the laundry facility and the pool. It was roomy and nice. When we left, we cleaned the place so it was spotless and took a video, just in case (but we never needed it since we got our full deposit back). If I had to,do it over, I would. Now that I'm a home owner, I look bad at those days and really miss them.

Last edited by corky101; 09-20-2013 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Adding a detail

Old 06-16-2015, 05:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,181 times
This is for fairfield centereach. NY
They charged me 2016$ for additional 1 month lease because I had to stay LESS than a month after my lease (40% increase) and persued legal action immediately without warning. Plus 200$ LATE fee. All I have to say is you fairfield. I will make sure you pay. Do not rent here because you will regret it, They are hearless and unfathomably cruel.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:30 AM

703 posts, read 1,173,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgf View Post
This is for fairfield centereach. NY
They charged me 2016$ for additional 1 month lease because I had to stay LESS than a month after my lease (40% increase) and persued legal action immediately without warning. Plus 200$ LATE fee. All I have to say is you fairfield. I will make sure you pay. Do not rent here because you will regret it, They are hearless and unfathomably cruel.
Did you want them to charge you by the day? Is what they charged you contrary to the terms of your lease?

Old 07-06-2015, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,095 times
Default Ruthless lawyers

Fairfield properties is ruthless management company with no heart. They will use every possible opportunity to catch you in legal binding and impose hefty fines. The lease break conditions are very stringent and let me say it again... they are ruthless implementing the conditions. Besides, if you want to challenge their fees, the contract says, you will be liable for Fairfield's legal fees if Fairfield wins the case. So you may want to think before you go to the legal option. As you may guess... that liability is only one sided as Fairfield makes contract favorable to them.

In short, if you are not a legal expert, find some other apartments, where you are not scared of a gang of lawyers waiting for your blood.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,220 times
I want to break my lease. They give me three options and I don't know which one to do. The first is definitely a no go. I am confused to do the second or third. They wont give me any advice.

Help

Old 02-22-2019, 01:41 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,907,143 times
If you absolutely MUST brake your lease then the best thing that you can do is to find a qualified replavement (good credit, etc).

New York State law states that this is your right.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:28 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,150,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrer18 View Post
I want to break my lease. They give me three options and I don't know which one to do. The first is definitely a no go. I am confused to do the second or third. They wont give me any advice.

Help
You forgot to mention what the three options are. We can't suggest anything without facts/details. :

Old 02-23-2019, 07:40 PM

514 posts, read 438,344 times
Although you didn't mention you three options but here's what I've heard from one of their tenants:

1. If you move out after Sept I think, you are liable for two months rent if it's not rented out after your move.
2. If you move your before Sept and after June, you are liable for one month's rent if the unit is not rented.
3. If you can get someone to rent in your place, you could possibly do that.

They don't seem to offer month to month for few months even after three years of living there.. don't seem to be to lenient on making it work with tenants when it comes to leaving AFTER lease is over in case tenant needs a month or two even with advance notice..

They simply won't give any other options..

Good luck and hope it works out for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrer18 View Post

Help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island