Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 02:24 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,957,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
OJs....nice term for religous people...how about we find some initials for ghetto blscks and illegal hispanics too.
OJ = Orthodox Jew....

not sure where the slang is being picked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 03:55 PM

8,807 posts, read 21,236,910 times
Most newly made electric ovens come with this Sabbath switch

Why would that be ? In most areas of the country people do not even know any Jewish people at all, more less have special ovens designed for them in their homes.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 07-08-2011 at 06:04 PM..

Old 07-08-2011, 04:08 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,957,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

Why would that be. In most areas of the country people do not even know any Jewish people at all, more less have special ovens designed for them in their homes.
Probably just cheaper to make one model than to have multiple. Same reason why cars are wired for a lot of different options, but are missing the actual parts... like heated seats... most cars have plugs to accept heated seats, even if you don't have them installed.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:10 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,690,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

Why would that be. In most areas of the country people do not even know any Jewish people at all, more less have special ovens designed for them in their homes.
So after they set the timer who opens the door to take out the food..or is it left there till after sundown

Old 07-08-2011, 04:47 PM

128 posts, read 250,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Unfortunately I don't see "not blocking traffic" as a forbidden act. I do see this. Maybe you can clarify:

Wouldn't blocking traffic and causing problems with non-Jews be considered "exercising control over your environment" by literally blocking traffic flow? If "writing two letters" is prohibited how is forcefully blocking traffic flow not?
I see now...... They are doing this to snub their noses at the infidel, non-Jews. All in the name of some outdated religious prohibitions to exercise control over their environment.

Now I understand why we used to get the cops called on us for doing construction in Jewish neighborhoods on Saturdays , balls busted and forced to stop work, when nothing in the town code prohibited this. "#Controlling their environment" cost my company easily $100,000 over a ten year span.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:14 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,506,012 times
What do you expect from religion. Farcical waste of time.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:40 PM

128 posts, read 250,993 times
I have no issue with religion. People can do as they please. AS LONG AS you're not encroaching on my safety or well-being.....or forcefully coercing others to abide by your religion or be treated like second-rate goyim trash.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:10 PM
gag

683 posts, read 1,418,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
Remember to wear your reflector when walking to*shul

I hope this makes it to the five towns.

Isn't this thread "deja vu" all over again?

Remember this thread a few months ago,

Five Towns

We did this one already and it's getting old. JM2C

Old 07-11-2011, 08:50 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,529,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Isn't this thread "deja vu" all over again?

Remember this thread a few months ago,

Five Towns

We did this one already and it's getting old. JM2C

this thread showed that SOME OJ's are looking to improve safety.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,529,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI*TEA View Post
Why is electricity prohibited?
Why would they not use the side walks where they are available?

I never understood this. Please enlighten this confused gentile.
Rabbi Neulander of the Conservative movement said that electricity is allowed - there are, IIUC, even some Orthodox rabbis who consider the rationales for the ban on electricity weak. But O rabbis accept it cause its widespread precedent (important in Jewish law) as do at least SOME C Rabbis (notably R' Klein)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island