Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:03 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,009,290 times

Advertisements

As far as location is concerned, we're kind of all over the place right now. We just know we want a condo.

If this complex is coops despite having been represented as condos, that would just be another strike against it for us. We are not interested in going the coop route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 10:19 AM

764 posts, read 1,546,967 times
Default hmm

You want to stay away from artist lake.

You should also look at blue ridge in medford. I live here and its a great condo development. it even has 3 bedroom units with a living room and den and a storage closet with outside entrance and fireplace. It has a golf course indoor and outdoor pool(with kiddie pool with spray fountain) club house with gym, cafe and everything. They have activities for the kids like holiday parties and everything. Right now there is a 60 /40 mix of older /younger people.

The school district is patchogue medford. Its not a great school but its not horrible either. My wifes cousin goes here and she is graduating early so its not that bad of a school district .

Old 07-05-2011, 11:01 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,009,290 times
Thanks - we'll more than likely check it out!

Old 07-05-2011, 11:06 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,382,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post
You want to stay away from artist lake.

You should also look at blue ridge in medford
good choice.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:56 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,195,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzah Pizza View Post
section 8? please dont spread misinformation. rent can go as low of $1500. theyre co-ops.
The company that owns the place rents many of the apts that did not get sold to Section 8 voucher holders and also to welfare recipients. It's not misinformation. Go there and you will see all kinds of goon adults hanging around the grounds when most normal people are at work.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,087,555 times
Blue Ridge is good if you don't have kids because the Patchogue Medford district is subpar but the complex is nice. Bretton Woods in coram is also nice but the prices vary. North Isle in North Coram also nice.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 AM

426 posts, read 955,899 times
IMO, the area of Middle Island along Middle country road is not that great...I lived there for a few years and from my view it has gotten a bit worse, even compared to 5 years ago....from Wading River-Hollow Rd all the way east until you reach 112 which is Coram isn't that great....a lot of abandoned/bankrupt businesses and abandoned strip malls. You also have Gordon Heights in that area which is not the greatest either.
That is also Longwood school district, which is sub-par.

As others mentioned, you may want to check out Blue Ridge in Medford.....it is a nicer area, and even though Patch-Med school district isn't great, I would say it is better than Longwood.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:51 AM

16 posts, read 45,594 times
Yea, stay away from the complex on Artist Lake. There a few normal people there but a majority is very low income families. I actually have a friend who lives there now (she has a one year old and doesn't work, the husband has 2 jobs) They literally can't afford anything else. She finds herself cleaning up her neighbors garbage because they throw it out the window. She has had her car robbed twice too (somebody even took her windshield wipers once, lol).

Old 07-06-2011, 02:18 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,296,028 times
There are 2 complexes on Artist Lake. On the east side the one is called Lake Pointe. I've taken the bus past this area many times and I dont see what everyone's problem with Middle Island is.
Medford has ongoing problems with illegal aliens streaming in from Patchogue and nearby Farmingville. I rarely see any hanging around in Middle Island, and I'm in that area almost every week hiking in the nearby Rocky point preserve.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:21 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,296,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical95 View Post
IMO, the area of Middle Island along Middle country road is not that great...I lived there for a few years and from my view it has gotten a bit worse, even compared to 5 years ago....from Wading River-Hollow Rd all the way east until you reach 112 which is Coram isn't that great....a lot of abandoned/bankrupt businesses and abandoned strip malls. You also have Gordon Heights in that area which is not the greatest either.
That is also Longwood school district, which is sub-par.

As others mentioned, you may want to check out Blue Ridge in Medford.....it is a nicer area, and even though Patch-Med school district isn't great, I would say it is better than Longwood.
It's all relative. Longwood SD is probably much better than Westbury or Pat-Med. Yeah Gordon Heights around the welfare office is bad, but Wading River Hollow Rd...cmmon? Thats a nice middle class area IMO.
I am in that Middle Island/Ridge area very often and rarely see any problems. I dont think it's gotten any worse or changed. Now ask me about Port Jeff or Westbury and I would tell you a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island