Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:46 PM

840 posts, read 2,446,294 times

Advertisements

17 people living in an apartment all working minimum wage jobs-they are stealing the american dream!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 09:02 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
But illegals do pay taxes. Though those guys in front of Home Depot are off the books, the majority, who are employed in agriculture/farming/meat processing, are working on the books with phony ID and SS numbers. These people pay FICA at the very least (even though they're never going to collect SS or Medicare benefits) and possibly income taxes as well if they are W2 employees with phony ID.

All pay sales taxes and many other kinds of taxes, use fees, etc. They may own property and pay property taxes, or else their rent goes to a landlord that pays property taxes.

Yes, they're likely paying less, and I'm not discounting the problem entirely, but it's not nearly as big a deal as you're making it sound.
So all those landscapers and people that contractors pick up are all paying income tax? I don't think so.
We all pay sales tax, I don't care about that. I am saying that I don't want to pay income tax anymore, if they don't have to pay then I don't have to pay, then you don't have to pay...hell everyone stop paying.
it's not important to be legal and follow the laws... speed, drink and drive, murder people...don't pay taxes...who cares... screw it...chaos.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:58 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I agree.Albeit a blunt instrument, its the only way to separate the racists from the true fiscal Conservatives.

Tough to ***** about the brown people when they're paying the same tax as you.
Can you imagine the average Yacht/Private Jet/Beach House tax for our "Job Creators" lol.

I'm all in for a Consumption tax.Tax me on what I spend and not on what I earn, invest or save.
I think a Flat tax would have way more unforeseen consequences and usual big dollar Accountant gamesmanship.

Crooks
I read the other day in The Globalist that the top 10% of American earners account for 50% of all consumer spending in ths country.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:20 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
The problem with taxes is that the truly wealthy are the best at avoiding them and the tax code is designed so that they CAN avoid them.

We spend all this time talking about "income tax" . The uber wealthy in this country live off capital gains, not work.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:59 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
So all those landscapers and people that contractors pick up are all paying income tax? I don't think so.
Not all, and probably less of that particular subset of illegals, but there are some 10-12 million of them, and they're not all cutting lawns in Levittown. Most are working with phony ID in construction and agriculture, and thus are having taxes taken out of their checks.
Quote:
We all pay sales tax, I don't care about that. I am saying that I don't want to pay income tax anymore, if they don't have to pay then I don't have to pay, then you don't have to pay...hell everyone stop paying.
it's not important to be legal and follow the laws... speed, drink and drive, murder people...don't pay taxes...who cares... screw it...chaos.
Being a member of a poor underclass does have some benefits. For some reason, though, most people find that the tradeoff just isn't worth it.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:29 PM

324 posts, read 335,282 times
Quote:
Most are working with phony ID in construction and agriculture, and thus are having taxes taken out of their checks.
Most? Where are the facts behind that opinion??

Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 PM

128 posts, read 251,488 times
Quote:
Not all, and probably less of that particular subset of illegals, but there are some 10-12 million of them, and they're not all cutting lawns in Levittown. Most are working with phony ID in construction and agriculture, and thus are having taxes taken out of their checks.Being a member of a poor underclass does have some benefits. For some reason, though, most people find that the tradeoff just isn't worth it.
That's a crock of sh* t if u really believe that. 9 out of 10 work off the books, cash only. The other small percentage that are on the books probably claim 4 exemptions, EITC, and likely receive a nice fat refund back..... on top of free Medicaid, foodstamps and WIC.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:24 AM

863 posts, read 2,108,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI*TEA View Post
That's a crock of sh* t if u really believe that. 9 out of 10 work off the books, cash only. The other small percentage that are on the books probably claim 4 exemptions, EITC, and likely receive a nice fat refund back..... on top of free Medicaid, foodstamps and WIC.
You know what's the most interesting part of this whole thing. I have not heard anyone go in on the rich wives hiring nannies, the landscaper hiring illegals to work and keep the profit for himself, the construction company owner hiring illegals and charging a fortune for a job again keeping the profit for himself. We are going hard on the non tax paying illegals who by their very nature goes against everything America stands for but what about he American down the block from you or in big business that's hiring these illegals instead of a good old American worker and cheating on their taxes. Where are the calls to jail them, shame them or what ever else we want to do to the illegals.

Last edited by nycbrooklyn; 07-20-2011 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
You know what's the most interesting part of this whole thing. I have not heard anyone go in on the rich wives hiring nannies, the landscaper hiring illegals to work and keep the profit for him self, the construction company owner hiring illegals and charging a fortune for a job again keeping the profit for him self. We are going hard on the non tax paying illegals who by their very nature goes against everything America stands fro but what about he American down the block from you or in big business that's hiring these illegals instead of a good old American worker and cheating on their taxes. Where are the calls to jail them, shame them or what ever else we want to do to the illegals.
I support that! The penalties should be much larger for them!

Old 07-20-2011, 12:56 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,481,082 times
Quote:
Alternatively, we can make it easier to become a legal citizen. For the average person, it's nearly impossible right now:
There's a reason it's difficult to become a legal citizen....we have PLENTY of them. Native born citizens and legal immigrants cover our needed skill sets ranging from manual labor to the boardroom.

Illegal immigration is great for politics. It gives the utterly self-interested corporate ownership class on the right cheap labor "greater economic good be damned" {too much self interest}. On the left, it gives the stereotypical "concerned white people" a human rights cause to champion, "greater economic good be damned" {too little self interest}.

I tire of the "jobs Americans do not want to do" argument. Of course they don't want to or can't do them. Many of the food service businesses in my town (Floral Park) use illegal help, mostly Latino, but the odd Asian here or there. They all look to be in their late 20's or older. From a friend who has worked alongside them, I've had confirmed what is generally (correctly) assumed. Pay day is settled with cash. Illegal help often is underpaid. Health code/sanitary violations abound. The owner cheats on taxes. Hours are exceptionally long.

What needy American can or should take a minimum wage less 30% job for 10 hours a day 6 or 7 days per week? All while working in conditions that decades of labor activists and government bureaucrats have deemed hazardous at worst and undignified at best. Should a teenager's first impression of working in the "greatest country in the world (tm)" be one where the law is worthless and rights are disregarded? Do we need these extra workers when unemployment is 9.5% (God knows what before Federal doctoring)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island