Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 02:16 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
IDK Pegs, why are we so frigging race obsessed on this board?
Everyone gets a turn in the barrel.

This generations Mexicans were last generations Blacks.Then it was the Italians,then the Irish etc etc etc. We gotta get past this crap on LI.I dont give a rats ass where youre from or what you look like...but I do care where youre at and how youre living.

I suspect Uncle Gs looked for areas with Pork stores. K of C and Catholic Churches and moved right in.Its certainly not an upscale play but the food is great.Its really Whole Foods that caters to the stupid yuppies in little carts.Cue the Land Rovers.

Crooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
WRONG. Unlike immigrants of the past many of these people are here ILLEGALLY. They dont assimilate and behave just as they did if they lived in their native countries. They have no desire to become Americans.
JIW has a valid pt crooks. Not to mention the massive organizations like La Raza, brown pride...yeah, the irish had the westies in hells kitchen and itals- cosa nostra, but those were a lot smaller, isolated groups. Our great ancestors had a higher level of respect, most learned the language. Most improved their areas.

As far as Uncle G;s, your pork store theory is pretty weak (smithtown, port wash, pjs, E Meadow??)). And I won't claim all of Massapequa is upscale, or downscale for that matter. Most of the locations seem to be in btwn middle and upscale (upper middle?). You don't just jump from Hicksville to Sands Point,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 02:31 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
LOL ...at these videos....

‪DONT SHOP AT SEARS! They PANDER to illegal aliens!‬‏ - YouTube

‪7/14 Vlog: Westbury is a nasty, NASTY town!‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-16-2011, 03:29 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,329,564 times

Old 07-16-2011, 04:21 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
JIW has a valid pt crooks. Not to mention the massive organizations like La Raza, brown pride...yeah, the irish had the westies in hells kitchen and itals- cosa nostra, but those were a lot smaller, isolated groups. Our great ancestors had a higher level of respect, most learned the language. Most improved their areas.

As far as Uncle G;s, your pork store theory is pretty weak (smithtown, port wash, pjs, E Meadow??)). And I won't claim all of Massapequa is upscale, or downscale for that matter. Most of the locations seem to be in btwn middle and upscale (upper middle?). You don't just jump from Hicksville to Sands Point,
No theory Peqs,

I just think they were looking for a solid target demo. I agree, being two of the groups mentioned that out grandparents did a much better job of joining in, but it was different times.Keep in mind the Mafia, Westies and MS13 are not dissimilar in their desire to protect their own in areas where legitimate PD failed them.

I don't think Massapequa is up or downscale but it is very Italian and solidly Middle Class with some really nice areas of affluence. RP/MP was on the shortlist for UGs too, I heard they just got a better deal on the RE in PJS so we got a Petco : (.

I like DelFiores pork store anyway.

Best,

Crooks

Old 07-16-2011, 05:38 PM

840 posts, read 2,446,057 times
i have no great love of gangs or illegals but c'mon. they take jobs no one wants, live in areas white people have no desire to live in and their lack of matriculation is mutual as far as I am concerned.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:45 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
LOL ...at these videos....

videos
So let me guess: A store that has bilingual announcements is automatically catering to illegals?

In the second video, I wonder if those people knew John. A guy shouted out "¡Allí esta!" as he drove by John, which means "There he is!".

Westbury kind of reminds me of England: The only thing they have there are drive-by arguments.

‪Family Guy Drive by arguments‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-16-2011, 09:11 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
Well at least we all know who ILLEGALSFORNASSAU is...

‪A SHORT FAT MAN LIVING ON LONG ISLAND‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-16-2011, 09:16 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
LMAO....

‪A SHORT FAT MAN LIVING ON LONG ISLAND‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-18-2011, 01:05 AM

208 posts, read 492,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunk10 View Post
i have no great love of gangs or illegals but c'mon. they take jobs no one wants, live in areas white people have no desire to live in and their lack of matriculation is mutual as far as I am concerned.
So That means they Can Live here without being Deported?
I don"t care what jobs they take if they cross the Boarder they Should be kicked back over

And all C-Towns Should be Bulldozed i been in 2 of them and Their was NOT
1 Person in their That was Legal or atleast Spoke English

Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post

LMAO funny cartoon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island