Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:48 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,690,858 times

Advertisements

Have you done the obvious yet and simply told him not to come on your property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 05:48 PM

324 posts, read 334,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Shirley you jest.
If this is taking place in shirely I'd advise the OP to move ASAP, the characters that live in that town are downright dangerous. It makes rocky point look like muttontown!

Old 07-18-2011, 06:52 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,953,739 times
Get a gun

Old 07-18-2011, 06:55 PM

20,894 posts, read 28,292,803 times
Wow, I feel so bad for you. The HOA can't do anything? I mean the neighbors have restraining orders against him and he cannot be evicted? I would get security cameras as well.I would not let your dughter out alone and you both should have pepper spray,document everything. if you see him on your property again call the police. Your husband should also confront him and tell him he's creeping you guys out and to stop or you will call the cops. Does he live alone? Have you spoken to the other neighbors about things he has done. Maybe the HOA can have a meeting with the residents who are having problems with this guy.If you see him peeking in your windows confront him and say "hey what are you doing"? Keep your doors locked at all times. I know this is no way to live but he's a sick MF. I would keep a baseball bat by your bed too.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:12 PM

104 posts, read 341,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Where are you?

If its in an HOA cant they do something?

Crooks

I am in Central Islip near the court house. I thought the HOA would be able to do more but I guess not since it is the property manager who is telling me about this guy.

I was told by another women who works in the office to speak with the property manager once more. I was trying to hold off because I didnt want to bug this women but I think I will have to go ahead do so

Old 07-18-2011, 07:19 PM

104 posts, read 341,991 times
Thanks everybody for all the advice. My hubby is going to confront him once again and tell him not to come over her anymore or we will be force to call the cops as well.

All the neighbors know about him because it is all coming out to us at once about this guy.

I decided to rent in this neighborhood because even though this is CI. The neighborhood is nice, everybody speaks and looks out for one another. We even have security (LOL) they have a problem with him too.

I refuse to be a uncomfortable in my home. I pay my rent, I take care of the place inside and out.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:36 PM

73 posts, read 187,258 times
Buy a gun an have your husband sit in front of the window naked cleaning it. Works all the time.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:48 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,137,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLI123 View Post
I am in Central Islip near the court house. I thought the HOA would be able to do more but I guess not since it is the property manager who is telling me about this guy.

I was told by another women who works in the office to speak with the property manager once more. I was trying to hold off because I didnt want to bug this women but I think I will have to go ahead do so
We had a co-op there as kids and there was a board you could appeal to.

Can you dig him up on the internet and make a case? How about Islip code enforcement?

Crooks

Old 07-18-2011, 08:28 PM

208 posts, read 491,360 times
Move to Eastern NJ Most parts don"t have Neighbors

Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,018,560 times
Next time he peeks in a window, have a gun aimed at his head. Bet he doesnt do it again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island