Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 01:04 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,784,458 times

Advertisements

Figures SCPD would do something this scummy. I haven't seen the video because its blocked at work but I can imagine what it shows.

They dont like to be videotaped should there be charges brought against them for police brutality or something - while there is a valid point about "obstructing justice", if the camera men is filming from a safe distance and not being a nuisance, I don't see what the problem is..

There is another instance of this that happened in upstate NY a few months ago..I wish I could remember the YouTube clip but it was a woman who was standing outside her OWN HOUSE filming a neighbor being arrested by the police on her street. There were 3 cops standing around the guy's car and it looked like he was being arrested for a DWI... and she was videotaping everything when a cop came up to her and told her to go inside her house. She got annoyed and told him, "but this is my house, and this is my lawn, I have every right to be here. I am not doing anything wrong.."

The cops cuffed the guy and then cuffed HER and arrested her for supposedly obstructing their job. It was all on YouTube, the link is discussed on another message board:

http://www.lifamilies.com/chat/topic...5878&Highlight=

What a bunch of baloney!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 01:08 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,344,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoliva View Post
Unfortunately this is just one of at least dozens of stories over the past few months of belligerent police arresting people doing nothing other than recording from public or private property. We have ourselves a problem.

Dozens?
I'm all for cop bashing but it should be loosely based on truth.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:10 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,344,339 times
You would think the cops have better things to do what with all the teenagers hanging out in parking lots and stuff.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:18 PM

852 posts, read 1,442,955 times
30 years doing his job and STILL DOESN'T know who it is he works for? I'm always amazed when cops walk around not caring that their 6 figure salary comes from us taxpaying residents. He's got a bad attitude and me thinks this cop needs to retire!

Old 08-01-2011, 01:22 PM

852 posts, read 1,442,955 times
I understand that the county isn't very good at salary negotiations with cops... BUT maybe the county could at least sneak a clause into the next contract about having GOOD ATTITUDES. Geesh!

Old 08-01-2011, 01:24 PM

556 posts, read 1,445,798 times
I think thats the same cop who pushed me down a flight of stairs while my back was turned for taking a picture of them kicking in doors at a house party.

Well the guy was old with a white moustache.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:03 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,437 times
Not good.

Next thing you know they'll be taking our bball hoops. It's stuff like this that fuels the tea party, which has now somehow morphed into the party representing the elite of this country.
We need a new party. The Vodka Party?

Pinkos United.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Dozens?
Search around the net and youtube, you'll find more than a dozen.

‪DelDOT removes basketball hoop [Delaware Online News Video]‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-01-2011, 02:08 PM

330 posts, read 726,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Dozens?
Nationwide, not just LI only. Do a google search, there are a lot of videos of similar incidents.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:33 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Default Looks like they are backing down ...

From Newsday Mobile for all to read:

Top cop: Drop charges against journalist
Long Island Item

Quote:
Suffolk County police said Monday they would move to void the arrest of a videojournalist who was taken into custody while trying to videotape the aftermath of a police chase.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:39 PM

267 posts, read 598,635 times
whats the cowards name.I meant the sgt.s name. Guess what the reporter was fingerprinted and the prints are entered into NCIC. So this "voided" arrest will always exist..........I would get a attorney............next time supervise your cops not abusing the press.......maybe sgt hothead shoud have called of the pursuit..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island