Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:19 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Are you going to be the rich from SB wearing a sun dress, a huge flowery hat, and holding your 5th glass of champagne with 2 fingers ?

Just don't wear the clear high heels and you may get the part.
Nah. I am going for the housewife look.
Dazed, clutching my 7-11 coffee, baseball cap with hair thrown back in a ponytail, scuffed pair of sneaks and blue jeans, bird crap on the American made non luxury SUV, approachable and non-threatening. (Except to the ^%$ bird who crapped on the car.)

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-04-2011 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 02:16 PM

33 posts, read 78,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
Interesting, don't think I fit the demographics they seek in that article though... too bad. Wonder why they would leave the Hamptons to film here of all places... must be a particular house they fell in love with, maybe the famous Tile House on Awixa or something down in the O-Conee area.
They film mainly in Nassau and Western Suffolk (most locations are easily recognizable as being in Oyster Bay, Long Beach, Huntington, etc).

Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,675,092 times
'Royal Pains' does no harm in Bay Shore is an update.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:01 PM

137 posts, read 249,324 times
I think I met a contestant yesterday...

A 20-something bottle-blond dressed for a Hamptons wannabe tour. Even had the blue painted toenails and Jumbo Sparkly sunglasses. I'm a smoker (I know, I know), and I try not to smoke near others. I'd moved to an unpopulated place for my smoke. The EDP is slowly meandering my way, stopping, pausing, turning 'round & 'round with indecision. Walks past me. Does her spinning routine and circles back towards me. Uh oh.

[Imperious demanding tone] "Can I get one?" Like we're High School chums waiting for the bus. I told her it's very bad for your health, and so I'm gonna do you a favor and not enable the habit. There's a CVS over there if you want to buy a pack. She muttered something, spun her way over to CVS, and I think she picked a used butt out of their butt can and smoked it. Weird, weird, weird!

Be careful out there my fellow forumites, EDPs are everywhere!

Old 08-19-2011, 12:05 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,675,092 times
EDP ???

EPDs ???

Old 08-19-2011, 12:07 PM

137 posts, read 249,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
EDP ???

EPDs ???
Emotionally Disturbed People, or is it Persons. Not sure on that. A friend that works 911 EMT introduced the term to me.

Ah, I see my transposing error above. Fixed!

oh my, was it contagious? Is transposing nonsense a symptom? I'm already getting forgetful in my middle years, not this, too!

Old 08-21-2011, 05:56 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,071,987 times
funny, I saw Mark Feuerstein on the streets in upper west side the other week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island