Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:03 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,924 times

Advertisements

Red Light Runners Caught On Camera In Nassau County - Drive Safely Nassau - YouTube

Posted by the county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 08:07 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,962,606 times
music was awesome

Old 08-17-2011, 09:34 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
Glad the cameras are there. How do you still do this when you know these things are in full force? Some of them deserve getting into accidents, both parties involved.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge1114 View Post
music was awesome
I know right. Why they didn't use the youtube anthem, sound system, which is free, is beyond me.

Anyone else think that they should have tiered tickets? Like, the bozos @ :47 seconds in the vid and the runners after that should be hit with triple fine -$150 (or something like $50/second after Red rounded up)?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 PM

745 posts, read 1,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I know right. Why they didn't use the youtube anthem, sound system, which is free, is beyond me.

Anyone else think that they should have tiered tickets? Like, the bozos @ :47 seconds in the vid and the runners after that should be hit with triple fine -$150 (or something like $50/second after Red rounded up)?
Yeah I think that is a good idea. Because the guy who misjudged the light and went through isn't in the same league as the morons in that video.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Yeah I think that is a good idea. Because the guy who misjudged the light and went through isn't in the same league as the morons in that video.
True, they're all morons in that video. I actually meant the second driver, but I noticed he ended up turning right (maybe saw the cam flash and thought, "lemme turn right"). But what I'm saying is, these seem like clear cut examples of blown reds... but there are some intersections that are really big and it's easy to get trapped in a split-second decision if it changes right once youre about to enter, especially doing 50 on Sunrise highway.

Like the first driver, that was easily 5 seconds after Red and he was still in the intersection , should = $250. Has anyone been ticketed entering a yellow and subsequently turning red while youre in it? or does it have to be red -> enter intersection -> ticket?

Old 08-18-2011, 04:25 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,755 times
I misjudged a light in Queens...turned red in my opinion way too fast, I thought there had to be some minimum time limit. Basically they take a picture of your car showing the light is red and your car is behind the white line, then they show the next frame of your car crossing over the light into the intersection while its still red. And they zoom in on your license plate which is how they get you with a $50 fine whether you're driving the car or not. No points at least and now I look at the pedestrian light on the side of the road to be able to tell whether the light is about to turn or not.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:49 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,687,771 times
My Daughter just got a ticket in the mail for going tru a yellow in Nassau.I know its against the law but what about the danger of being rear ended if you stop short for one ??

Old 08-19-2011, 06:08 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
My Daughter just got a ticket in the mail for going tru a yellow in Nassau.I know its against the law but what about the danger of being rear ended if you stop short for one ??
Your daughter did not get a ticket in the mail for going through a yellow. She got a ticket in the mail for going through a red light. She obviously did not gauge the light correctly.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:14 AM

721 posts, read 1,566,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
Much less dangerous than being in a head on collision like some of the near misses on the video. There is an intersection in my area that everyone runs the red. Now I wait a few seconds if I am the first car at a green. Inevitably someone runs the red. No camera so I guess they think the red doesn't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: