Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 03:32 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Motion lights work great. Face them right where they like to hang out. Better yet use a spot light and aim it at their own houses on the motion lights. Or, your grass could use some pig manure for fertilizer. We had this same issue but it went away after they saw us hauling all of our guns in after hunting. They called the Cops but since my buddy in my driveway was also a Cop they didn't get much traction.
Good suggestion! It also doesn't waste water like running the sprinklers for hours does!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 03:35 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Good suggestion! It also doesn't waste water like running the sprinklers for hours does!

You can get the really blinding bulbs that will turn that area into daytime. If you get the dual you can steer one onto one of the punk's houses so their Parents can enjoy it too.

What I did is start parking in front of THEIR house and when confronted I simply stated that my place is being taken by you and your roommates so tough it out. It moved.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:53 PM

14 posts, read 127,356 times
I just got home and they are hanging out right there in front of my house with chairs again!!! I just called the police. This is not going to continue! I've had enough. I will keep you updated guys on what happens. Hopefully the police asks them to move, if not I am going to look pretty stupid.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:04 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodcitizen09 View Post
I just got home and they are hanging out right there in front of my house with chairs again!!! I just called the police. This is not going to continue! I've had enough. I will keep you updated guys on what happens. Hopefully the police asks them to move, if not I am going to look pretty stupid.
I "love" this part ... they even bring their own chairs! Good luck with the coppers!

Old 08-23-2011, 05:28 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:

If it isn't too late take a photo (and keep taking them dated too) and take it with you when you go to see the commander!!!!!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:01 PM

Ok, the cops that showed up this time had a lot more common sense. Instead of saying there is nothing we can do a make me look like a fool they actually spoke to the kids and got them to move across the street to their side. What is puzzling is that their Mother drove out of her driveway this evening and saw them in front of my house and she didn't say anything! This is the same lady that apologized to me when I went to complain to her respectfully. Obviously she didn't give a damn! So now they are gone but they are talking and being very disrespectful from across the street calling me a punk for calling the cops...That's fine, I'll live with that. Let's see what they try to pull off next.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Nuts2uIam I planned on doing just that. I will take pictures from now on. One of them came over pacing the sidewalk back and forth for about a few minutes yelling that he can be on the side walk. By the time I got my camera he was gone. They are going to try to harass me, I overheard them. So I will have my camera so I can take pictures going forward. I plan on going to the commander on the next incident because if this continues it becomes a case of harassment. I'm bracing myself for what they try to pull off next.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Film it, get the morons on youtube. I wish I was your neighbor to help you with this. Bullies suck. The only way a bully learns is to get a beat down.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,669 times
stop being so obsessive, you don't own the street and you need to stop trying to do something, I have kids hanging out in front of my house all the time, What difference does it really make? go on about your business and forget about them, in a couple of years they probably wont live there anymore anyway.
The bigger deal you make out of it the more they are going to want to hang out there just to be morons, if you didn't say anything in the first place it would have probably ended already, now they will keep it up just for amusement.

the whole thing is really really ridiculous and your making a mountain out of a mole hill...

Old 08-23-2011, 08:16 PM

654 posts, read 2,120,758 times
Quote:
Ok, the cops that showed up this time had a lot more common sense. Instead of saying there is nothing we can do a make me look like a fool they actually spoke to the kids and got them to move across the street to their side. What is puzzling is that their Mother drove out of her driveway this evening and saw them in front of my house and she didn't say anything! This is the same lady that apologized to me when I went to complain to her respectfully. Obviously she didn't give a damn! So now they are gone but they are talking and being very disrespectful from across the street calling me a punk for calling the cops...That's fine, I'll live with that. Let's see what they try to pull off next.
I would never hang out in front of my neighbors instead on in front of my own house. Anyway, let them continue "talking smack" about you. They are doing you a favor. If it gets to the point where you feel threatened I bet they will be ordered to stay away. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island