Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 06:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,353 times

Advertisements

Wyandanch isn't bad at all I live in wyandanch it looks bad but it's not there are nice homes around no one actually gets shot just for walking around or being in wyandanch I walk around wyandanch everday its so sad how everyone treats wyandanch all the mean comments and what not if you think it's that bad why don't you try and change it instead if of talking about it the schools maybe bad but hey we still make it in life so don't talk bad about wyandanch try and change it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 06:33 AM

530 posts, read 1,359,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberdiorx View Post
Wyandanch isn't bad at all I live in wyandanch it looks bad but it's not there are nice homes around no one actually gets shot just for walking around or being in wyandanch I walk around wyandanch everday its so sad how everyone treats wyandanch all the mean comments and what not if you think it's that bad why don't you try and change it instead if of talking about it the schools maybe bad but hey we still make it in life so don't talk bad about wyandanch try and change it
Your really on to something..

i think wyandanch is "alright" as long as you don't mess with Straight Path, utilize the schools or associate with troubled people.

i used to think wyandanch was horrendous until i moved up to Buffalo for school and man i tell you, that place got some REAL ghettos. the ghettoes over there are like post-apocalyptic, like somethin out of 'Call of Duty' and makes wyandanch look like Beverley Hills

Now that i'm back from up there, i see wyandanch for what it is; and that's just a working class LI community with trouble spots, lots of wannabe thug kids and a bad rep.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:26 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,707,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
They're like comparing apples and oranges but if I had to compare them then *in my personal opinion*...

- Jamaica and South Jamaica are worse than Wyandanch.
- St.Albans, Rochdale and South Ozone Park are about on the same level as Wyandanch.
- Hollis, Rosedale, Springfield Gardens, Brookville and Queens Village are a little better than Wyandanch.
- Cambria Heights, Addisleigh Park and Laurelton are much better than Wyandanch.

(Wyandanch really isn't that bad in the big scheme of things. For the most part, it's just the activity on/from it's main road that gives the whole community an awful reputation.)

The main reason why Wyandanch has a worse *reputation* is because it is on Long Island and it's compared with other Long Island communities (which are by far mostly nice, very safe and well-off) WHILE Jamaica&St.Albans are in NYC and they're compared to other NYC neighborhoods; and most NYC neighborhoods are not that good-looking or affluent at all so Jamaica and it's neighbors actually come out with a decent/good reputations just for being somewhat suburban in nature.
IMO, your neighborhood comparisons are spot on.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:47 AM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Nice little starter home?

96 Arlington Avenue, Wyandanch NY - Trulia

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-22-2013, 08:01 AM

2,604 posts, read 3,399,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If you were to put that house in a nicer part of LI or just a few miles away in Dix Hills it would sell for double and the taxes would triple.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:39 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
The best way to explain it is that even if you make a new development in a town like Wyandanch, you still have to worry about your surroundings including crime, etc... A nice looking house in a bad area is always a gamble. You get what you pay for.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:42 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
If you check on Find a home in Nassau, Suffolk & Queens | MLSLI.com - Long Island Real Estate or Find Real Estate, Homes for Sale & Houses for Rent - realtor.com® and search in other areas like Selden, Coram (outside of Gordon Heights), Rocky Point, Sound Beach and probably many other town; you can find some good deals and the areas don't have the issues that you would have in Wyandanch.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:47 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,528,333 times
Default Really?

The Danch? Really? I mean really?
You want the correct answer on the Danch, or the Politically correct answer?

The correct answer I can't post here. But come on, really?
Stop beating around the bush and tell it like it really "is"

Old 12-22-2013, 03:18 PM

530 posts, read 1,359,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
The Danch? Really? I mean really?
You want the correct answer on the Danch, or the Politically correct answer?

The correct answer I can't post here. But come on, really?
Stop beating around the bush and tell it like it really "is"
What is your experience(if any)/opinion of it ?

There's ways to convey yourself without being obnoxious or uncivilized.

Last edited by PrestigiousReputability; 12-22-2013 at 03:34 PM..

Old 12-22-2013, 04:09 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,528,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
What is your experience(if any)/opinion of it ?

There's ways to convey yourself without being obnoxious or uncivilized.
Statistics, home values, crime rate, schools, propery appeal, I can go on.
They above says it all without getting kicked off here.

When McDonalds can't make it there, well.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island