Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:37 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Steering is what makes areas great, you should know that better than anyone.
I resent the personal attack. Are you saying that all real estate agents engage in the illegal practice of steering. If so, you are mistaken. I believe that is appalling what those Garden City Agents got caught doing and I believe that they, and anyone else who willfully violates fair housing laws should go to jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 01:51 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,654,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
I resent the personal attack. Are you saying that all real estate agents engage in the illegal practice of steering. If so, you are mistaken. I believe that is appalling what those Garden City Agents got caught doing and I believe that they, and anyone else who willfully violates fair housing laws should go to jail.
1) Not a personal attack
2) I am serious. fair housing laws are liberal crap. I moved to GC b/c it is mostly white. I would love to use an agent that openly steers people to certain areas, quite frankly.
3) I would not likely use you as an agent since we don't have the same values apparently
4) This is supposed to be a thread on where you familes are moving. Please post with information regarding this. You should have ample data on this since you are in the business.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
1) Not a personal attack
2) I am serious. fair housing laws are liberal crap. I moved to GC b/c it is mostly white. I would love to use an agent that openly steers people to certain areas, quite frankly.
3) I would not likely use you as an agent since we don't have the same values apparently
4) This is supposed to be a thread on where you familes are moving. Please post with information regarding this. You should have ample data on this since you are in the business.
1. Good to know.
2. Kind of scary.
3. I agree.
4. Who made you arbiter?

Old 08-21-2007, 03:40 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,106,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Uh oh GCguy ... the big H.

Coming to get ya pal

Note the foreshadowing

C

That will NEVER happen. With the prices in GC, the Incorporated Village laws, the parking laws, and the lack of two family homes, that will never happen. It will not turn into Hempstead, there is no way.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:43 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,106,115 times
Quote:
even if it does become less heavenly, it will NOT be anywhere close to being like Elmont and Hempstead. Maybe Roslyn and Jericho with the Asian invasion, but that's about it.
This is true.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:33 PM

991 posts, read 4,617,110 times
What about Commack and Kings Park?

Old 08-21-2007, 04:41 PM

525 posts, read 2,350,896 times
Yikes, scary stuff folks. True colors are not always pretty, but at least the true attitude of LI becomes more and more clear every day on this forum.

I thought CSH was bad, with never having a minority in the district for more than a month (then the parents ran them out because god forbid their home values go down) Thank god a few of us CSH'ers came out the other side with intelligence and attitude that surpassed our old-school attitude parents.

What a future for LI, with this crap raising the next generation of LI residents. You have to love message boards, where the ugly truths behind the golden doors comes out.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
What about Commack and Kings Park?
Both are very nice towns. Kings Park is one of the overlooked gems on Long Island. Commack, for some reason, has relatively high school taxes. I can't figure out why, since they have a good commercial tax base.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:14 PM

127 posts, read 521,099 times
Quote:
1) Not a personal attack

I have to admit that my reason for moving where I did was the same as your reason #2. I didn't leave Brooklyn to move down in the world. I do have neighbors who aren't white (asian and, yes, even black), but they, too, moved here for the same reasons. So I guess whiteness is also a state of mind. Anyone able to afford a home in my neighborhood deserves to live here. Excluding, say, rap artists. But that won't be a problem, since rappers tend to move to the really exclusive areas. Mine is just average for around here.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:56 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,140,822 times
Funny but here in my middle class neighborhood down in the Capital of the Confederacy we have a mix of white, black, Indian, Chinese, Christians, Jews, 1 Muslim family, two sets of gay guys and it's never been a problem because most share common middle class values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island