Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Nah, not the same: the "horror" was in the Village of Amityville and Broadway Motors is in the Hamlet of North Amityville.

Indeed, North Amityville a Hamlet, and so a few passages from same to poetntially describe the nature of this show and location.

The level of class and general mentality of the show?

"That he is mad, "tis true, "tis true 'tis pity,
And pity 'tis true: a foolish figure;
But farewell it, for I will use no art."

Polonius, scene ii

People who scoff and mock a show like this on a computer forum but then secretly watch and become additcted to it?

"The lady doth protest too much,methinks."

Gerturde, scene ii
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Really, crooks, this double-post of a rather boring thread topic kinda shows your age ... ... I guess we know where the majority of ratings will come from -- the nascar/'beater-cars-on-lawn' crowd, from Shirley to RP.
You do know these knuckle draggers dont ya Pequa ; ).
(Whats the over/under that fucco hi ranch being dead smack in Da Riv lol?)

Seriously do you remember Family Bonds on HBO?
That was done in Medford and it was pretty spot on for the area.

I think reality TV on LI is a train wreck and by all means thread worthy.
I give it two more weeks before some loyal order of some crap has its panties in a bunch about these bocce ball tossing clownfelons casting a bad image.

Class it up LI.

Crooks

Old 08-31-2011, 09:08 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,245,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I disagree.

Jetties dont you live out that way? Do you know these guys?

Crooks
Come on? Seriously? No, I don't even know where they are located but they could probably reside anywhere on LI - or queens, or bklyn, or NJ, or Suffolk. I don't play the Rocky Point game because I don't know the area but your obsession with Nassau south shore and the surrounding areas is over the top.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:08 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,795 times
I sold my 84 T-Bird for $500 to a dude just like these guys right around the same location on Sunrise right before I moved off the Island in 1993. I had to sell it as it would never had made the trip to MI.

Some things never change! I'll check this out if/when it's on again.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Come on? Seriously? No, I don't even know where they are located but they could probably reside anywhere on LI - or queens, or bklyn, or NJ, or Suffolk. I don't play the Rocky Point game because I don't know the area but your obsession with Nassau south shore and the surrounding areas is over the top.

So you dont live out that way or you dont know them?
I dont get it.

Rocky Point has nothing to do with this thread but if that was filmed out by me, Id be cringing too.
Perhaps youre numb to it?

Aint it grand when we live up to our own stereotypes? This makes LI look bad.

Crooks

Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,245,273 times
Quote:
So you dont live out that way or you dont know them?

Rocky Point has nothing to do with this thread but if that was filmed out by me, Id be cringing too.

Crooks
Aren't they in Amityville, or even N Amityville? No, I don't live there. Amityville is in Suffolk, the county you live in, no?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,924 times
Quote:
You do know these knuckle draggers dont ya Pequa ; ).
(Whats the over/under that fucco hi ranch being dead smack in Da Riv lol?)

Seriously do you remember Family Bonds on HBO?
That was done in Medford and it was pretty spot on for the area.

I think reality TV on LI is a train wreck and by all means thread worthy.
I give it two more weeks before some loyal order of some crap has its panties in a bunch about these bocce ball tossing clownfelons casting a bad image.

Class it up LI.

Crooks
Do I know them? No.
Do I know these type of characters? yes

do they live out by me? I highly doubt it. Crooks, if you think these guys somehow make us cringe or are common in this area, then you don't know massapequa/park very well. I'm not even sure where the hi ranch was in the clip, but I don't plan on watching a 30 second ad to find out either.

Saying North Amity is "out by you so you should be cringing" is laughable ... it's like saying to someone in Garden City that they should be cringing because of a strip club in Uniondale... 2 different worlds.

Quote:
Aren't they in Amityville, or even N Amityville? No, I don't live there. Amityville is in Suffolk, the county you live in, no?
haha, exactly.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Coward lol.
Did you see it?

I actually bailed on the Jets to check it out.

Crooks

Old 08-31-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Do I know them? No.
Do I know these type of characters? yes

do they live out by me? I highly doubt it. Crooks, if you think these guys somehow make us cringe or are common in this area, then you don't know massapequa/park very well. I'm not even sure where the hi ranch was in the clip, but I don't plan on watching a 30 second ad to find out either.

Saying North Amity is "out by you so you should be cringing" is laughable ... it's like saying to someone in Garden City that they should be cringing because of a strip club in Uniondale... 2 different worlds.

haha, exactly.

Of course you do....youre soaking in it.

Dude Im just effin with you Peqs.These guys cold be anywhere on LI. My money says that sweet Fucco gem in the opener is on Da Riv So of Montauk. Could be Suffolk...never know.

See the show...its actually hilarious.

Family Bonds was pretty good too.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 AM

4 posts, read 6,632 times
I Read all your comments, and have a few comments of my own. First of all, the car lot is in North Amityville, the "clowns", as you call them, do not live there. Second of all, what's with the hating? I happen to think they are funny, and know alot about cars. Though, it was only 2 episodes that we got to see, so how can ANYONE judge? I wish them all the success in the world, and admire them for having the balls to put themselves out there to be critisized by keyboard warriors like you. If someone came to you with a reality show idea, and offerred it to you....YOU WOULD JUMP ON IT! So congrats to the Carfellas, and best wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island