Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:45 PM

721 posts, read 1,566,047 times

Advertisements

It took a little legwork, but I now have more channels and am paying 110 total after tax! I made the appointment to switch to Fios but the promos they were offering were not as great right now. I made the appointment to switch anyway and then CV beat the price Fios offered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 09:24 PM

17 posts, read 23,157 times
We don't pay anything for the cable, phone or internet. Our son works for Cable so this is one of the so called benefits....Before this we paid about $180 a month for DirecTV. This included 4 HD boxes, 2 DVR & 3 regular boxes. We had the top of the line package. We had DirecTV since 1994. DH & I are so ready to go back to satellite. In the 4 months since we've had CV it has gone out more times than the satellite ever did!!!. Every time it rains we lose service!!! Plus, I soooo miss my NFL Package I want my satellite back

Old 10-28-2011, 04:23 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,806,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildalejrfan View Post
We don't pay anything for the cable, phone or internet. Our son works for Cable so this is one of the so called benefits....Before this we paid about $180 a month for DirecTV. This included 4 HD boxes, 2 DVR & 3 regular boxes. We had the top of the line package. We had DirecTV since 1994. DH & I are so ready to go back to satellite. In the 4 months since we've had CV it has gone out more times than the satellite ever did!!!. Every time it rains we lose service!!! Plus, I soooo miss my NFL Package I want my satellite back

one of the benefits of having your children live at home with you!

Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 AM

629 posts, read 961,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner+2 View Post
It took a little legwork, but I now have more channels and am paying 110 total after tax! I made the appointment to switch to Fios but the promos they were offering were not as great right now. I made the appointment to switch anyway and then CV beat the price Fios offered.

Are you saying you were a current CV subscriber, threated to switch to FIOS and CV dropped their price?

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get CV to do that. The threat of switching didn't seem to phase them the last time it was tried.

I also need to move away from my optonline.net e-mail account (created about 12 years ago) though I've used it for so long, so that it'd be easier to switch to FIOS.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:39 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,685,833 times
I think you can still keep your Email address if you go to Hotmail.com as a server ?Not sure but I did that when i left MSN leaving MSN.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:58 PM

721 posts, read 1,566,047 times
No, the threat of leaving does nothing. What I had to do was actually make the appointment. I suppose CV is notified of my intention to port my phone number and leave. So then someone calls you from CV. Apparently they can offer you a deal that is better than what you can call up and get. I am now getting more channels, including HBO and showtime and on demand, DVR, 2 regular boxes, Internet and phone. 110 total. My bill was up to 155 ish- So I am saving almost 50 bucks a month.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,061 times
Can anyone come up with what verizon offered in 2006 in their triple play package.i up until my last statement received a 2nd digital box and had to pay for 1 hd box now they
tell me that was not for life.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:15 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,874,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robomis326 View Post
Can anyone come up with what verizon offered in 2006 in their triple play package.i up until my last statement received a 2nd digital box and had to pay for 1 hd box now they
tell me that was not for life.
The "free for life" DVRs were unheard of until recently - probably within the last year or so. Back in 2006... was FIOS even here yet? Probably just got here and not in most towns. I'm pretty sure there was no such promo back then - they were offering some towns faster internet than other towns though... something like 25/5 at a special low price. That was their big benefit over OOL at the time. Then they were doing a free multi-room DVR for a year for a while as their promo.

Competition is good, glad both companies are fighting each other for business.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:30 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,513,175 times
We have an odd setup but here it is...

Basic Cable/Internet from Cablevision + 3 boxes (1 DVR) = 109/Mo
Phone = Ooma box that runs VOIP = $3/mo

Amazon Prime and Netflix is about another $15 a month.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:51 PM

148 posts, read 475,251 times
1 box.. Use only1 tv for a family of 3. I keep signing up for a new triple play.. When that runs out we put it in his name..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island